• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

WIP Mara Jade

Soa

Greetings,

My wife has been putting together a MJ and I think we are close to the end. The only items we are waiting on now is the cowl and cape which should be ready Monday or Tuesday.

I would like feedback from some of the more experienced peeps out there. I've got a couple of basic pictures, if you need further detailed pictures let me know and I'll get those shots posted. Thanks for taking the time to look and for any feedback or advice

a4716947835fccc2e142c77139cb552b.jpge2d342226b5e9341374c16199f88fdba.jpg8d53035a38bc0146721f532d4c515c73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Soa

Looking good so far. I'm not a clearance person, but you shouldn't need both cape and cowl, just one. She never wears both, at the same time.

Also, I think you might need to adjust the harness. The straps look a little long in front to me and where they attach at the top it should look like two straps rather than a V. I'm not sure if that would prevent clearance, but it might be something to look at. Also, is there metal slides on the straps? I can't see them, but you'll need them for clearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback,

I know she will wear the cape most of the time, I also opted for the cowl since the woman seeing them for us said she would do it for 10 bucks. I'm all about options.

I will tinker with the straps a bit more and see if I can get a tighter appearance. Her hair is hiding it but there are two metal slide buckles on the top straps.

I'm thinking of also adding another loop on the back of the holster so it doesn't sag as much when it's worn.

Again many thanks, and if you see anything I'm missing on overall appearance point it out. I'm used to just throwing on my TK, I know what is supposed to go where on that one, this one is very new to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, just be sure you have black gloves if she's going to be using the cape. There are specific combos that you have to follow. Light cowl with light gloves, cape with black gloves, black cowl with black gloves. So you won't be able to get the cape cleared with the current gloves, although you could with the light cowl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk