• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

SL-13377 Dawn Bright - Infinitys Kylo Ren

Kylo

Found a Kylo (as I intend to make every single Kylo) that belongs here something furious.

BREAKDOWN OF PARTS COMPLETED

Bodysuit - DONE

Tunic - DONE

Sleeves - 90% done

Midcoat - DONE

Surcoat - DONE

Hood/Cape - 90% Complete

Belt - DONE

Helmet - 30% Complete 

Boots 10% Complete

Current Process and Progress to be made:

Sleeves just need to have the seam sewen into them to close the arm hole. They are 99% done if i want to get technical.

Hood and cape is cut out and fray locked. The fabric is pinned to itself and lays so nicely. Its only pinned in is the problem... 

Helmet is a hot mess. I have a resin helmet and i am modifying it to work for this project. I have ordered an amazing product that is a moldable resin that is sculptable and air drys. 2 part process.

Boots: Boots were a larger worry initally but I realize i can just make boot covers for my simple pair of Funtasmas which have identical seam and design structure

TFA_Preorder_EMEA_Screenshots_2-1940x109Kylo-Ren-Wallpaper.pngScreen-Shot-2015-11-29-at-9.49.23-PM.png7002341_disney-infinity-30-should-have-lmaxresdefault.jpgDisney%20Infinity%203%200%20Star%20Wars%

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 1

UPDATED

BREAKDOWN OF PARTS COMPLETED

Bodysuit - DONE

Tunic - DONE

Sleeves - DONE (might make again)

Midcoat - DONE

Surcoat - DONE

Hood/Cape -DONE

Helmet - 30% Complete 

Boots DONE

Current Process and Progress to be made:

Sleeves I hate my sleeves. i want to remake them.

Helmet is a hot mess. I have a resin helmet and i am modifying it to work for this project. I have ordered an amazing product that is a moldable resin that is sculptable and air drys. 2 part process.

Took images of the costume and just awaiting the making of my helmet

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 1

Wow love your kylo work. Ive just been watching your videos and reading some of your threads on sith lords

Edited by gzzmos
  • Like 1

Wow love your kylo work. Ive just been watching your videos and reading some of your threads on sith lords

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words! *hugs*

Can I guess that it's easier to focus on the details since the material is probably easier to work with just being a more standard smooth black rather than the stuff going into movie Ren? It looks great  though and can't wait to see how it looks all put together. :D