Sign in to follow this  
Yu'daï

A Nihilus from France

Those are called pouch studs in the leatherworking world Heavy :)

Thanks for clearing it up, I´ll remember that :wink:

DHere in Denmark, they are called "geværknapper" - roughly translated to gunscrews  :))

• Like 1

Well...Currently, I am working on my other project, a Galactic Marine, so the Nihilus has not really progressed...but two weeks ago, i had a real opportunity, one of the 501 FG member was selling his soviet boots. So they are a bit too wide, but with double socks it will work fine. I'll post pics tomorrow. For the mask...As i'm doing a papercraft GM, i bought the pep' file for the mask from firenock base design. So currently it's on my garage, coated with resin. I have to put some fiberglass, add car-putty (Sorry i don't know the fine translation for it, but it's basically what is used to fixed some scratch on cars) and to sand it down to give it the proper shape. Hope i can do it within the next weeks.

Soooo...I hadn't made any progress...but tomorrow it will change, i'll visit my grandmother...who is a very good seamstress. But i need your enlightment : how do you manage to close your tunics? Velcro? Hook and loop? 

Good to have you back :wink:

The tunics are made like this :

For the inner tunic - the left side of the tunic crosses over the right side in the front.

For the outer tunis - the left side of the tunic crosses over the right side in the front.

The belt will hold them in place, so you don´t need to put velcro or else on them, but you can do it it it will make it easier for you to put on the obi and belt :wink: 

Edited by Heavy1973

I use a hook and loop system for my inner tunic, this way it will stay in place.  I don't use anything for the outer one, that's held in place by my belt.  

Sorry for the enormous font, i writted it from my phone. So...we did some pattern, as we used a Kimono tunic as template, and started to cut and sew the outer skirt, as well as the sleeves. I used the excellent tutorial from Pam for inspiration. 

This what was done on August 24th : the inner tunic + outer skirt + the beginning of the sleeves. I'll visit my grandma tomorrow or Thursday, and i might get back the two tunic + the skirts + the obi. But i will have to weather all the parts. Next step : the hood and mask, and the capes. 

756582P1050815.jpg