• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade wig

Nomad Angie

I am gathering references and materials, as well as watching and reading tutorials, to get my Mara Jade costume started. I'm going for the Arica bodysuit, since it looks easy to make and will get me to work with other materials (like craft foam).

I want to know which shades of red are acceptable for Mara Jade costumes. I know it's important to match the character, but I also want to look good, and I don't have the fair skin to pull the redhead look.

Any help will be appreciated.

Well, I really recommend Arda Wigs as a wig supplier. I got mine in Pumpkin and get comments on it all the time.

In terms of colour, the 501st CRL says "strawberry-blonde, red, or red-gold" however, I think the Arica period comes under Rebel Legion? They have a reference guide for it (where the 501st doesn't), at least, but it doesn't say about hair colour. I would check with them as the costume seems to come under them.

I've been looking into Arda for the wig. I almost bought one in Pumpkin but I ordered the color samples instead, since I can't return after trying it.

I'm with the Rebel Legion, and unfortunately, the blue bodysuit doesn't have a written standard yet like the black catsuit or the dancer outfit. They just started a new detachment for human supporters a little over a year ago. My best friend is the DCO of the detachment and she told me to go with the CRL already written for the 501st, because the costume is fairly new to us and we don't have the costume standard written yet.

Aye you should be alright going with anything in the red hue. she is more of an "Orange Red" though if you were going with a bit more burnt you will probably still be fine, just stay in the red region, id advise against Burgundy as thats a bit to dark and "Ariel" Red would be a touch to red. Honestly with her hair the more Strawberry Blonde Direction you go the better I think.

I recommend Arda wigs they seem to hold up really well!