• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New member Darth Nihilus

Kingofdays

Hi everyone. I am a new member to Flagship Eclipse and hope to become a member of the Carolina garrison of the 501st. I am starting a Nihilus build and don't really have any direction on where to look for robes, tunics, gloves, obi etc. and have no means at all to make everything myself. I have the belt figured out, and am in touch with imperial boots. I have even found my saber and mask. I just mostly need help on the bigger cloth pieces that need a pattern, sewing and have no experience or means to sew. Been sifting through the mass of information in the forums, but hoped to narrow down my search by just starting my own thread. Is there anyone who takes commissions or know of a place that sells the pieces that are 501st approvable? Any help at all would be great and is really appreciated. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Hello and Welcome! 

Darth Nihilus is one of those costumes you will have to look around to source all the various parts. As for robes, tunics, obi and belts, I do take commissions, but I am booked till March 2016 currently. So if you need it after that, you can PM me. My Wicked Armour does make a Nihilus, but it needs alterations to be 501st approvable. You can also approach a local seamstress or tailor and see what they would charge to make it for you. The best pattern to use is any of the Jedi ones, but they will need to be altered slightly. I used the 5840 Simplicity pattern for mine.

For fabric you will want something with a good drape to it that hangs nicely. Many use Raw Silk or Linen for their robes. I used a heavier piano weave linen for my robes and it is gorgeous, but also pricey. Plain black quilters cotton is too light a fabric to get the desired effect of Nihilus' billowing robes. 

For gloves, I found mine online at a good price. Any black, non-stiff gauntlet glove, without stitching on the back, can be used. Boots just need to be black and have no visible laces. I use womens black zip up snow boots on mine. Not ideal when trooping in the summer heat however, hehehe. 

Hope this helps! 
Cheers,
Nef