• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Seventh Sister - SW Rebels Inquisitor

Nefthys

I love the inquisitor sister outfit, I also know some other people interested in making it.  She looks like she has less visibility than my starkiller, and that is hard to do lol.

Saber looks cool as well, cant wait to see it full circle.  Are you going to make it fold out to a full circle or permanently as full circle? Are you thinking down the road, a way to make it spin?

You make those good enough, I am sure someone would be interested in commissioning you to make them one as well.

Greetings all! Feel free to redirect me if there's a more recent/more appropriate thread than this. This is a wonderful thread though, just as a side note. I've been obsessing over the details of the Seventh Sister's outfit and it's nice to find that equally detail-oriented folks are out there. Beware, lengthy post ahead...

I, too, am mildly disappointed with the inconsistencies present in the CRL, but wasn't aware that it was just a jumping-off point until reading this thread. Good to know that original sources (should) trump it.

That said, here's my quandary. I see two paths. Taking one, I make the Sister as close to exactly as she appears in *animated* form as possible. Skin tight everything, sacrificing realistic-ness. I imagine I'd end up making the jacket out of something like neoprene, which has a way of hugging every curve and looking almost airbrushed in its smoothness. Maybe the bracers and chest piece would be some kind of rubber. I'm fairly confident I could get to looking much like an animation. However, I think path two is more reasonable/acceptable, which is making the Sister how she would appear if she was a *real person* who we happen to have only met in animated form. Jacket would be wool - she's a fundamentally practical chick, after all - and helmet would have more of a powder coated metal (military helmet) feel, for example. On path two, Disney's Sister is actually quite well done. Sure the jacket is a bit loose, but a real Sister would definitely need to be able to move in her jacket, too.

I get that we translate the animations into their reasonable physical counterparts; however, I still think there are two distinct paths that can be taken while doing so. And frankly I'm kind of in love with my neoprene jacket idea and even though I might die of heat stroke, my arm muscles will look darn good as I die! Haha.

In all seriousness, though. Where do y'all think the line is between translating into reality and copying an animation? Thank you for your time!