• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Kotor 1, WIP

RevanRider

Hey just wanted to post a pic, Wicked Armor made it, but i am assembling it, really is complex when it comes to fitting. I need to replace my gloves; to thick for braces. My hood is ok for now, but need to hide the extra fabric somehow??? There are always little tweaks here n' there...kinda hard to take a selfie with a gloved hand StarWarsEmoticons_biggrin.png

post-1198-0-99099900-1445900410_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-18549200-1445900438_thumb.jpg

Totally depends on the glove, and the phone.  :)    

Looks like you're in the ballpark.    If you have anyone who can take the photo for you, I'd recommend doing that, and have the lightsaber off with some good natural lighting.    Then take front, both sides, and back (even though it's a cape, seeing how the capelet rests is important.)

Probably minimal suggestions to be made, based on the initial glance here, you should be trooping officially in no time. :)

The hood is a definite struggle.  That lovely fabric loves to slip and untuck.  Many people pin the fabric in place to the piece of vinyl that is secured to the top of the front armor by the strap and tucking the excess fabric. 

Before I put it on my hood, I fold over the edge of the top part that wraps in front back and downward in a triangle to hold at the bottom hem, secured with a fabric clip.  Could be pinned, but I plan to stitch it there and my fabric clip holds it good and prevents tearing.  I stitched sew-on industrial strength Velcro onto the bottom part of the hood fabric facing outward.  Those ends secure to sticky-back industrial strength Velcro that I placed inside the chest armor.  (To get the placement, I wrapped the hood fabric around my shoulder like a shawl to get the fit.  I hold the cowl in place by wearing a ball cap for the top to rest on so I can see.  Where the ends meet comfortably and with my pleats in the right place, I determined where to put the sew-on Velcro.)  Lastly, I stitched a short piece of small band elastic with a small loop on the end to the hem where the cowl meets the wrap.  This reaches down and slips over a button I stitched to that piece of vinyl on the inside instead of pinning.  This holds my hood in place but gives me a little bit of room for the elastic to pull when I'm posing, etc.  Because I pulled my fabric over and clipped it, there's not a huge excess to tuck.  No more safety pins. 

This setup is very good, as I can just shrug my shoulders out a bit and feel that my pleats are in place.  I've found that I don't untuck anymore and I have a good fit.  If you're interested in more on this, I have photos. 

I did do an unveil for a couple of Halloween parties, and found that i had to buy gorilla tape. I tape the excess fabric to the chest piece which workout great. I do need to get Touch-Up paint for armour and mask...anyone know what colors other than black/red? MWA has the paint for the armour, but would like to find it here in SD.

I spoke to Stuart Loui of Imperial Sands Garrison, he is willing to take Pics.

And anyone know who to speak to for Rebel, my wife is done with her Bastila Shan, but Sunrider Base is like spread throughout SoCal. I'll check the their forum on how to submit.

If you need some tips on how to keep the extra fabric under control check out what I did with mine: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/979-darth-brutes-revan-build-thread-finished/?p=13584

If you come up with your own solution please post it! You would only be helping out other Revans. Great build keep up the good work!

If you need some tips on how to keep the extra fabric under control check out what I did with mine: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/979-darth-brutes-revan-build-thread-finished/?p=13584

If you come up with your own solution please post it! You would only be helping out other Revans. Great build keep up the good work!

Hey i found that a bobby pin and black grip tape works....pin the ends of the fabric then tape over that same pin on the back side of the chest armor.

Edited by RevanRider