• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

AOTC Concept Ventress in Progress

Wraith

Hello! I'm working on my second 501st costume, Asajj Ventress: Concept.

I have a leather-look fabric I found at Hancock's for the arm wraps and the collar. It's actually a stretchy fabric that only appears leather-like, but it will allow me to wear the costume in comfort. I plan to have my teenager help me create a duct tape mock-up of my shoulders and neck, so I can ensure that my collar will fit me properly.

I purchased a matte knitted fabric for the white portions of the shirt, and I'm using a dress pattern with princess seams to make that part. I plan to use a black ballet leotard for the undershirt, mostly to keep the fabric taut while I'm wearing it, and I'll sew the white part on top of the leotard. Black leggings are very easy to find, so I'll get those later on.

For the skirt, I searched high and low for a good pleated black skirt to wear with this costume. I found a lot of really cheap-looking skirts, but they were all too short, too see-through, and too narrow to meet the requirements. Finally, I found this skirt from Nasty Gal, and it is PERFECT! Not only is it made with quality fabric (nicely pleated, not terribly see-through), but it's a true full-circle skirt that has a ton of fabric in it. And, best of all, it's very long. I'm 6'1" tall, and it's almost too long for me. The only drawback is the price: $138. When it arrived today, I decided that it's too amazing to cut up, so my Ventress will not have the openings cut into the skirt (the CRL says that it "may" be cut in front of the thighs). I want to be able to wear it as a normal skirt, when I'm not costuming for the Empire.  :D

For the lightsabers, I bought two low-end sabers from Ultrasabers. I plan to gently bend them into a curved shape sometime in the future, probably after the costume is finished. The concept Ventress lightsabers are not bent nearly as radically as the ones used by the Clone Wars Ventress, so that will help avoid damage to the hilts.

I greatly appreciate all of the other versions of the costume that have been posted here. Lots of inspiration!