• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lana Beniko (SWTOR) - character research

Lucy

Aye, I cant stress enough, please include reference (as much as you can) 

[....]

1. Write a mock CRL. just for fun (post it here lets see it and talk! :) )

2. Line up your images of your costume with the real one

Both of these things help judges immensely when judging costumes. I've been doing judging for the Rebel legion for a few years now and let me tell you how much it helps when a Work in progress with proper reference is given :) it just speeds things up so much! 

I hope this helps!

Thanks)

All the reference are there - http://s288.photobucket.com/user/Nastasiya__Kuznetcova/library/Lana%20Beniko%20KOTFE%20reference?sort=3&page=1

And I have already posted here my attempt for CRL a few month ago - http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1736-lana-beniko-swtor-character-research/?p=20973

I will try to compare my costume and the reference pictures in a few weeks, mb I will have better photos.

But, as far as I know, the costume is already in a judjing process, at least I sent everything to my GML a few weeks ago (including my version of the CRL). And I know this might take a while - I had an experience approving Legion 1st costume for the Rebel Legion, took two months for my Ahsoka Tano costume from Rebels to be approved (my bad - I didn't know that new members are not approved during the elections).

I'm always open for a suggestions and it's one of the main reasons why I submitted my costume so early - to get a feedback of what should I change/fix for more accurate costume.

Edited by GoldenCat

Oh you are awesome then!

Aye from the second I turned in my Kylo Ren to finishing it was a 7 month process! (yep!) The other 1st I did took almost 2 months :) I haven't had a 1st approved since the CRL rule change so i imagine that will slow it even more :/ *hugs* I hope its approved very soon! :) (or at least you get some feed back) thank you so much for your patience! 

Finally tested the costume during trooping! And this is awazing, everything is comfortable and fits perfectly!)
Right now waiting for more pictures from a friend - but you can get the idea from this shots:

1424402_813117728792327_11754429470036881936231_813117708792329_1706671275736315

Absolutely love the costume!! All I need to think about - mb replacing sweater for summer time with something else. 

At last started work on Lana SoR boots

here ref pic. 

ndtEMqS.jpg

Could not find boots  enough wide to fit my calf, so will need imporvise and make inserts in the back .

Got black rubber riding boots, now trying find right paints to paint them brown like this. 

Knee pad ref:

vlRCKmv.jpg

• Like 1

here ref pic. 

lana-boots_zpshjtdpwm1.jpg

Could not find boots  enough wide to fit my calf, so will need imporvise and make inserts in the back .

Got black rubber riding boots, now trying find right paints to paint them brown like this. 

these are insanely helpful!

here ref pic. 

Good pics) And I wish you good luck with the rest of the costume ;) Can't wait to see your progress)

Also I wanted to share my photos for approval (Waited almost two months for the feedback, already made all necessary changes and preparing to wait for sometime again)

DSC_0950_zpsyunwnzb8.jpg

DSC_0948_zpsuitaeszt.jpg

DSC_0949_zpsyeifgcdz.jpg

Untitled-1_zpsbbibbwcb.jpg

v9YLTY0shAQ.jpg

GoldenCat, It looks so good!

I though you already got approved  by now lol

I'm slowly working:D... aiming finish for  SW Celebration in London.

Thanks) Well I hoped for that too, but costumes without CRL usually take more time than the rest. But *crossing my fingers here* I think now everything is going to be fine. 

NightShine, thank you))

• Like 1

Made Lana's boots from repainted raiding boots.

Vp2MkU4.jpg?1

Have large calf, so had glue in V shaped inserts from the back side.

Hope it won't be very visible, covered by the long cape.

Friend is helping me sew cape, im not good at sewing at all.

7VgpII3.jpg

Still need finish gloves and lightsaber and thinking redo collar.

Tested costume at London MCM Comic Con.

Looks awesome!

By the way, are you going to do all the detailing of the hands? - http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t87/anapus/vision%20book/swtor%202016-02-12%2022-50-02-94_zpsquegdnd7.jpg And mb a wig should be a little bit shorter - http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/67/Lana_Beniko.png/revision/latest?cb=20150828231236, I had the same problem at the beginnig - had to shorten my own hair :)) 

I finally finished the CRL with a huge help from Dawn Bright (Amidala)  :wub:  and you can find our work here - http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Lana_Beniko

Yes, need finish all hands and gloves and add that silly handle in the front of collar. Also still waiting for lightsaber hilt be made.

I tried shorter wig first, but looked it had too much volume  :P Maybe also will try cut my hair and style as needed. Will be less fuss than with wigs. Can't decide...

Need slide belt a bit lower. But then I do not have so defined waist and diferent body proportions it's tricky.

And attach shoulder armor with studs in the front so they dont flap

Shape collar in the front so it stiks to the tabards

Remake silver decorations on the skirt sides so they star a bit lower. 

yvQxdAv.jpg

• Like 1

Just got done with my Lana outfit (still need makeup trial before C2E2 this weekend), but so far so good, I think! Wig's parted wrong here, too- it was about 12:30 am and I wasn't in the mood to fuss with it!

post-619-0-17006900-1492551992_thumb.jpg

• Like 2