• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Shin Guard Clarification

tk-9720

I am an adviser for incoming cadets for Garrison Carida and we currently have a cadet who is finishing up her Mara Jade.  A question has come up about her shin guards and I need some clarification.  Do the shin guards fully encapsulate the lower leg like shown in the image of the CRL or do they simply cover the shin and leave the calf area open?  

If they leave the calf area open, are there any regulations concerning what type of connection is used to attach the shin guard to the leg?  Does it have to be velcro or can it be a buckle system?  

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  

I think it depends on which type of shin guards you're doing as Mara has at least 3 different versions. I don't think the Decipher ones cover the back, but they look very different from the comic versions.

I think it depends on the style of shin guards that get chosen as some of them have very distinct looks. Without knowing which she's going for I don't think anyone can tell you for sure as some would need to be fully around and others not. The configuration of other accessories is a separate issue if I'm reading it right.