• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Darth Revan WiP

ArgentumDraco

Hello :)

Here are photos of the current state of my Darth Revan costume. So far I've been collaborating with our Garrison's  GML and followed the CRL as close as possible, but after I assembled all the elements I had made so far, it seems to be a problem with chestplate's proportions. Or at least the GML says so.

I'm a very slim woman (50 kg at 177 cm), so I don't really know if there's any way to correct this without making the chestplate again... I'd greatly appreciate any feedback - photos attached below. Thanks in advance! :)

My2qtgu.jpg

O6RvXaJ.jpg

Z2z0vmS.jpg

G2swUXR.jpg

Hello There

Did your GML mentioned what part of the chest needed modding?  The thing is most GML are used to see  MWA kit  and tend to feel a bit out of dept with  new makers.  The best thing to do is to  look at the rendering from the game and match the proportions there

149920_original.jpg

I attach a comparison between the game model and my costume made by my GML

AHXKAyz.jpg

We agreed that if you guys here at FE say my outfit is OK and worth submitting for approval, he won't object. The mask in in progress (I need to paint it insert the visor), I'll post it here as soon as it's ready.

EDIT: I cannot afford a kit, so the outfit is my own work. ^^'

I'm not an expert, but it looks like it's just a little low to me. Could you pull the shoulder straps to bring the whole chest pieces up? Then it might look more like what the references show. The reference has the ring close to the navel/waist where yours is clearly lower. So pulling it up might "fix" the proportions without you having to do much else.

Props on building the costume yourself!

I have neither the authority nor the seniority for my input to matter much, but I'd say the bottom segment of the cuirass extends a tad too low. From eyeballing the photos, I'd say it's about 30% longer than necessary. Would it be pussible to chop off 15% from the top and 15% from the bottom?

Props on building the costume yourself! I have neither the authority nor the seniority for my input to matter much, but I'd say the bottom segment of the cuirass extends a tad too low. From eyeballing the photos, I'd say it's about 30% longer than necessary. Would it be pussible to chop off 15% from the top and 15% from the bottom?

Problem is in material. I made my armor from PCV. Is very hard to chop off something. The only way is make it again.

I really want to comment on this but am super tired, will review Thursday after work, or tomorrow if I'm feeling chipper in the morning.   Nice work, comments later.   *Falls over*

I really want to comment on this but am super tired, will review Thursday after work, or tomorrow if I'm feeling chipper in the morning.   Nice work, comments later.   *Falls over*

I would greatly appreciate the feedback!

I'll post pics of a corrected armour tommorow... It's slowly getting dark here in Poland and I can't really take photos inside (tragic light...) :(

As promised, here is a photo of the corrected outfit, compared to the model for KotOR:

1gTClYS.jpg

I raised the whole by 5 cm (both the chestplate and the beltplate), I'm wondering if raising the beltplate by another 2 cm would be a good idea. I think the proportions are much better now.

I would recommend lowering the o-ring by 2 inches maybe 1.5 and the sash that wraps around you and is attached to o-ring could do with a bit of more hanging looks a bit tight . Other than that it is looking good! Do you have a back plate ? And also a picture of your saber will be good ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't afford the saber... Yet :( I'll do my best to adjust the sash until the end of the month. Well then, I'll get down to finish the mask then! I don't really have a workshop to make the back plate, it'll be done for costume upgrade along with the saber.

The only thing I could see to make you look more like the KOTOR version would be the neck guard. Other then that it's pretty damn spot on and a great job!

A little later than planned but here's my initial assessment:

I'd like the 'greeblies' on the straps for the BOR a little darker.  If you look at the image you're using, they're a shade darker than the BOR itself. They seem just a smidge too bright.  Shiny is fine.

I agree on lowering the BOR just a smidge.  The big motivator there is that it will also lower your red sash to be more in line with the bottom edge of the hakama.

I'd be interested to see about darkening your red sash a shade or two, not a lot, but just a little.

Lastly, I noticed on your back shot that your cape is a lacking strong vertical pleats, most of ours are sewn in, if you can press it and it stays well, go for it, but the lower it got, the less defined it looked.

To be entirely honest, once your mask passes muster, these items are all I think would be needed to change for an approval.  Everything else would be a strongly encouraged recommendation to help make it more accurate.  I've seen plenty of kits and for a homemade rendition, I don't feel uneasy saying this is very very close to approval, you have done a very great job.

Thank you for opinion! The mask should be ready after the weekend. I'll make the adjustements you suggest and attach a photo of the turtleneck below. It doesn't have the sewn piping, I'm using a blouse to give the effect:

the whole set:
W0AFJwD.jpg

the turtleneck alone:

3r3cjyA.jpg

Ok. It's time for resurrection of this topic. Now I have mask and new color on my plates. I don't know the new GML. Do I have to send him these pictures and wait for his opinion? What can I do if he doesn't acepted them?

Some photos:

9Tas53P.jpg

nShw3nL.jpg

13KzSwt.jpg

Pk7eZMa.jpg

SA0io6B.jpg

MkvfuJM.jpg

What do you think? It can be accepted?

The only thing I see is that the armor looks a little too red for the KOTOR style that the armor is, the rings at the bottom of the armor should be held on by straps vs the single string, maybe centering the main sash ring a bit more, and the sash itself shouldn't flare at the bottom, but be a uniform with from top to bottom.

FB_IMG_1484496097693.jpg