• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Trooping With Sabers

DevastatoR

That's completely up to you, without sound will allow you to troop longer without running out of batteries, but becomes less impressive for the onlookers. I have noticed that pictures tend to not record sound too often tho, lol. I still troop with sound, and in some cases the event is so loud that with sound can sometimes be pointless. However in the middle of the night when I want to have a spontaneous saber battle with my wife the sound does make it more fun!

Its up to you and what your preference is.

I moved the conversation here so that others might chime in with comments or ask questions of their own.

Have a question? Ask away!

I don´t have sound in my lightsaber, was my choice when I got it custom made by Hamptons - it takes to much on the batteries and as Rejean writes, pics don´t have sounds either  :wink:

I actually gets pretty annoyed if someone next to me keeps turning their lightsaber with sound on and off... 

The kids that I´ve let hold my saber, doesn´t care - they´re just like - wow a lightsaber !    :-D

Never had a battery issue. And all my sabers have sounds, never had battery issues.

I am not a huge sound person. I find it expensive...and just not something that raises the bar enough IMHO. I even troop most often without the blades in mine. Kids always ask if my saber is real when the blades aren't in. Its super cute :) I find that 90% of the troops are during the day time and it's too loud and to Bright to see or hear anything! :)

• Like 1

I opted to go without sound on my Nihilus hilt as the only one I found online with sound was running over $400 for just the hilt plus shipping.  The one I did get, though it was cheaper, needs some beefing up to make it brighter when a blade is in it.

I love the sound of my sound but at most events most people can not hear it TT_TT turning on and off are the loud parts but swinging it not really heard. I kinda regret buying the sound for my 2 revan sabers. (ultrasaber)

Disclaimer  Sound also drains the batteries faster. I get about 1 hour with my sabers on before i have to change the batteries. Batteries for mien are special ones and not the normal AA's but Trustfire i believe which have a higher charge/amp.

I personally opted for no sound as the cost was rather excessive, and even more so the fact that the hilt is namely for show. Nine times out of ten most people wouldn't hear it anyways and just like the look so why waste the money.