• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hi, Spencer and I'm from Cudahy, Wisconsin. I'm currently doing a Rebel Legion build right now of Ahsoka Tano.

Now now before we get alittle stringy about this being the 501st and being the bad guys, hear me out! Haha.

I want to make the twisted version of Ahsoka from the Altar of Mortis story arc. She went dark side there! I've never seen it done, and I can totally see this as a sith. However my thoughts mean nothing whenever it comes to standards though, it's up to the judges to make that call.

I am here to pool as many resources as I can in making this character come to life. I'm making her headpiece in a way that few have done before. A silicone based skin, filled with flex-it foam from Smooth-On to give the lekku mass and realistic gravity. I also want this headpiece to be duel capable, meaning I want it to deal with the punishment of staying on my head when I fall down, it being wacked around, all at the same time, looking as realistic as possible. You can't do that with rigid/soft foam or fabric based Togrutan Montrals, In fact, their quite restrictive! Enough about that, it deserves to be written down in a WIP thread somewhere I'm sure.

ahsoka.jpg

HELLO! If you can get the full turn arounds I think it should be fine. While it falls under the whole "alternate reality or alternate story line" issue its a TV show not a videogame.  So with my understanding this is acceptable. :) Start a WIP! :)

Use this section. Best place for it I think

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/95-eu-character-research-discussions/

Edited by Amidala

Hi, Spencer and I'm from Cudahy, Wisconsin. I'm currently doing a Rebel Legion build right now of Ahsoka Tano.

Now now before we get alittle stringy about this being the 501st and being the bad guys, hear me out! Haha.

I want to make the twisted version of Ahsoka from the Altar of Mortis story arc. She went dark side there! I've never seen it done, and I can totally see this as a sith. However my thoughts mean nothing whenever it comes to standards though, it's up to the judges to make that call.

I am here to pool as many resources as I can in making this character come to life. I'm making her headpiece in a way that few have done before. A silicone based skin, filled with flex-it foam from Smooth-On to give the lekku mass and realistic gravity. I also want this headpiece to be duel capable, meaning I want it to deal with the punishment of staying on my head when I fall down, it being wacked around, all at the same time, looking as realistic as possible. You can't do that with rigid/soft foam or fabric based Togrutan Montrals, In fact, their quite restrictive! Enough about that, it deserves to be written down in a WIP thread somewhere I'm sure.

Jeez who's THIS guy ;D haha glad to see you on the forums!!

Hello all,

My name is Kyle and im from The Sacramento area in California. This is my first post and step forward into the awesome community you have created. I plan to create/obtain a sith acolyte and TFA trooper costume that are 501st worthy.

I have about 0 information or know-how on where to begin and my artistic skill isn't much so any help, support, or tips would be highly appreciated. I know that once I'm "in" info becomes more available, I would like to fast track if possible because waiting forever to get involved seems a bit daunting. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm Jessica. I am a member of the Rancor Raiders Garrison. I have a Rebel Legion and 501st approved Mara Jade (black jumpsuit). I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans and saw the Bast Alpha Garrison for the first time. A few weeks later, the local guys came to the zoo where I worked. I've been part of the group ever since.

Hi everyone!

I'm Alberto, member from the Costa Rica Outpost (soon Garrison). I've been a 501st official member since January this year with my Starkiller Sith Robe Concept costume, but I've been helping the group since 2009 when I first knew about them,

I just applied to be an official member of tha TFE. Looking forward to help in any way I can and to expand my costumes of the "Legends" universe :)

Hello my name is Juan Miguel , my nickname is Kite_the_world , I am a member of the 501st , Spanish Garrison. My first costume was Jawa and this month also finally Darth Nihilus . I joined the 501 for his social work and my great love Star Wars . I also hope to meet many people throughout the world.

i don't have full access

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=20224&costumeID=106

Thanks!

Hello my name is Juan Miguel , my nickname is Kite_the_world , I am a member of the 501st , Spanish Garrison. My first costume was Jawa and this month also finally Darth Nihilus . I joined the 501 for his social work and my great love Star Wars . I also hope to meet many people throughout the world.

Hello,

My name is Anthony and I am lurking around trying to gather some info about Darth Nihilus.

I hope I will someday make a Nihilus costume :D

Then I guess I would be the first one in Belgium, so that would be kinda cool :)

See you around :)

Hi All

My Name is Miguel and i am currently working on a Darth Malgus Costume, I am from Tampa, Fl hoping to get 501st approved.

Hi all!  My name is Arnold San Diego from Upland, California.  I'm a member of the 501st Southern California Garrison (TI-42274).  

First approved with a Reserve Tie Pilot, then ANH / OT TIE Pilot and recently a Tusken Raider (also approved for Rebel Legion).  I started with the Mandalorian Mercs last year and am a current member of Manda'galaar Clan as well.  I LOVE trooping for fans of all ages. I love Star Wars through and through, I also love bringing smiles to our fellow fans.  I'm a Registered Nurse and any bit of happiness we can bring to our world in my profession and in this lifestyle/hobby is a lifetime reward!

I have an approved Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) and am requesting to be a Detachment member of the Flagship Eclipse.

Thank you!

Arnold San Diego

SL-42274

Socal Garrison

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=20198&costumeID=200

Edited by Kjeldo

Greetings! I'm Debs, from Sydney, Australia and I'm a member of the Southern Cross Garrison- 501st Legion.

I had a pretty laborious build with this costume (my first), as the CRL vs references was a tad problematic. Several re-builds and upgrades for various reasons, but overall really happy with how it turned out! I now have an approved Darth Maladi, and I am looking forward to joining the Flagship Eclipse Detachment! 

In my spare time I train MMA, and work in the industrial rope access industry. 

I have a TK build on the go, and I'm also working on sourcing all parts for a Bazine Netal costume. 

Cheers!
~Debs

SL-21872

501st - SCG

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=21489&costumeID=191

Hello everyone! I am looking at joining the Outer Rim Garrison with a Sith Stalker costume that I plan on starting soon. I'm currently working on a TK as well. I'm joining the 501st because I want to make a difference in kids lives and that joins with my love of star wars perfectly in the 501st.

Can't wait to get started and get to know all you awesome folks!

Hey guys!

I am looking to join the UK Garrison with a Darth Talon costume, and I've also got a pretty okay Rey costume that is still evolving.  I've been changing bits of the Talon costume since the first wear in 2012 when I bumped into Thomas and he put the idea into my head to go on and polish it up.  It still isn't done (like uh, my second BOOT hah), but it is getting closer.

k6uwZTd.jpg

My Rey as well (for the dirty rebel scum!)

XMUDfA0.jpg

Hopefully I can learn some more about costuming and keep getting better, while enjoying my hobby with others.

Cheers,

Greetings to one anda all

My name is Wolf from the Redback Garision have spec op shadow tropper and a Jawa and now want to work on a Sith Lord ain't truly decide on which one yet .

Cheers

Wolf

Hello everyone! My name is Amber, and I'm working towards joining the Carolina Garrison. I've got an already finished Visas Marr costume from a 501st member, but it's been a year since it was approved and it is definitely in need of some updates. My husband is a member of the Blue Ridge Base Rebel Legion, of which I'm also joining.

Hello everyone! I'm Chris from Los Angeles County California, and a friend of mine already in 501st got me interested and I've had this idea for a while but after seeing a bit more at a meeting I want to try and actually build this costume to life. I wanted to build a Sith Trooper from the original Knights of the Old Republic game, so basic trooper but thought it'd be a fun build plus don't think I've ever seen any around. Would any one have any suggestions for where I should start to find the parts or a way to get pieces of the armor together?

Much appreciated!

A bit more about myself, I've never done a Star Wars outfit but I've done my own Raiders of the Lost Ark Indy outfit for cosplay and I've also built a small BB8 unit that I use for car shows with a remote controlled head and sounds.

Hey all together :)

I am a history student from Augsburg/Germany, so I hope to become part of the German Garrison/Custodes Euroi Squad. My goal is it, to finish a started Sith Acolythe Costume, I received from a friend, who had to

submit it.

Why I want to join the 501.? The thing is, I went to SW Conventions for maybe two years (last time in 2008) and there I had my first touch with members of your community. From the first second I was in love with the awesome costumes and that hold one during the time, I couldn' go to Cons.

Last year, I started to go on Cons again and met some of the 501. again at the Norris Force Con in Nuremberg in September. What should I say? The old love aflamed again and this time I was willing to take a real start with the hobby.

The second reason is, that I admire your work, the things you do, especially the charity events. I want to be part of that and do charity, too :). So that is maybe the second reason, but I think its the better reason: To do something good with people, who are just as crazy and in love with Star Wars as I am :).

So... I think, that I wrote all down, that was listed in the introductions thread. If there are still some questions then just ask :)

Cheers Corvino

P.S.: Sorry, if my English is not the best... I used it the last time 4 years ago (and the first two sessions of my seminar in english literature was... a kind of hell *cough [but funny, when you have to write an essay about fallout 4])

Hello everyone!  My wife and I just started working with the Old Line Garrison (Maryland) after a long time of debating.  Both of us love Star Wars and all things sci-fi, and we finally decided to give this a shot and see what we think.  I just squired my first convention last weekend, and it was, hands down, the most fun I've had with a group of people in at least 10 years.  We are truly lucky that the people in Old Line and Garrison Tyranus are such nice people.

I am looking to do Darth Revan for my first kit, as I have been a big fan of KOTOR, and I like the mysterious and unique look that he has.  I'm looking forward to talking with everyone here, and I hope to be able to join your ranks soon.  

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I signed up two years ago but sadly real life got in the way and I never posted ^_^; well here were go!

I'm Zara, I'm working on upgrading my Darth Talon costume over time so it can reach 501st approval standards, I know this might take me a lot of remakes overtime so figured instead of be all on my own I should be in good company as I torture myself remaking Talon :P

I make my own latex lekku so hoping to make them smoother and higher quality, and I'm hoping to be part of the UK Garrison in the future

Hi,

I'm Pardeep, from UK, so would be joining UKG. I would like to cosplay as Seventh Sister. I just want to join because it would be really cool to be one of those people in full costume walking around outside the cinema at SW premieres and other events, but mostly because I just LOVE the way she looks and I just want to BE her! :)

7c234bac559f2e23fd05fe661ed8ff9e_zpsdwls

Hello everyone. I thought I posted here last year but perhaps I did not.

I am SL-14381 of the tampabay squad in sunny Florida.

I joined as Darth Malgus last August and as best I can tell I have the only approved Malgus in the US.

Some of my armor parts came from wicked armor and the rest of my suit has been commissioned by many different talented artists. I'm especially proud of the custom leather under suit I commissioned through a local costume designer.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be granted further access to post so I may be of assistance to anyone else asking questions about a solid Malgus Build. I'm very proud to be a member of this community and happy trooping to us all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there, everyone. Name's Phil, and I'm looking to join my local GA Garrison with a Darth Revan cosplay. I've had some questions regarding setup and completion that my local chapter can't answer right away, so I figured I'd get some more info from folks who focus on EU characters.

I've been wanting to join the 501st since I first saw them at Dragon*Con in 1998, and as a lifelong Star Wars fan, this will be something great for me to get into.