• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hello! My name is Ivo Turk. I am form Zagreb, Croatia. I have a Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II version) costume and I hope to be approver for the membership in 501st Legion. 

Edited by ivoturk
  • Like 1

Hello! Im Jennifer from Portland, OR wanting to join Cloud City Garrison/501st. I’m interested in Mara Jade. I’m wanting to do this because I love to help the local and non local communities and because I can “be someone else” for a while! 

• Like 1

Howdy!  I'm Alan Steinberg from Houston, TX, that's South Texas Squad of Star Garrison. I've been doing this 501st thing for about 9 years with an ANH Stormtrooper and more recently got my ROTS Vader approved. I'm now working on a Bith character and I'm just here to be supportive as Flagship Eclipse is kind of like a sibling detachment with Sith Lords.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. My name is Cory Parker, TK-2372.  I am a member of Star Garrison  and I have been a Legion member for 16 years.  After about three years of debate, I finally bit the bullet and ordered my stuff for my Darth Nihilus costume.  I should have the complete costume ready to submit according to the maker before March 14.  Glad to be here . 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, DS-62629 here.  I just joined 501st and Flagship Eclipse as Nightsister Asajj Ventress not too long ago. I've been in Rebel Legion for a bit, but I have been wanting to join 501st as my favorite Star Wars character. I am so happy to finally be here! I'm from the Sacramento, CA area. I look forward to getting to know all of you more! 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Amanda here.

I'm From Vancouver, Canada and I'm part of the Outer Rim Garrison since November 2017. I have an approved Asajj Ventress: Night Sister and have just started a Seventh Sister build. (Looking for some help as the Seventh Sister has more armor than Ventress)

Why the 501st? Star Wars and costuming, Bad guys, Doing Good. Friends, community and fun all rolled into sci-fi nerdiness, how could I not.

Hi,

Im Priscila, Im 28 and from Portugal.

Currently working on Doctor Aphra, and soon to be part of the portuguese Outpost.

Already a member of the RL Lusitanian Outpost with Senatorial Leia and finishing Endor Leia.

Enviado do meu HUAWEI VNS-L31 através do Tapatalk

Hello from Cincinnati, OH hoping to join the Ohio Garrison. I'm Shannon and working on a Barriss Offee (traitor) costume to hopefully be ready to apply for membership in the 501st soon! I love how charity-focused this group is and everyone I've spoken to so far is so nice. :)

Hi from Czech Republic,

I'am Shaa'ri from Czech Garrison. I have approved Guri. Now I am working on Darth Maladi.

Thank you for your admission. :)

19105748_1397791716923247_7548737756890729220_n.thumb.jpg.a392df3c3ff6ebc4aa9f8997dd4199de.jpg

Citizens of the Galactic Empire!

I am Matt, ID-46221, of the Outer Rim Garrison (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada).  I have assisted the 501st as a handler and photographer since 2015, initially because I like helping out with charities, and hanging out with Stormtroopers.  Since then, I have discovered that the comeraderie and laughter help immensely in treating my PTSD symptoms, and have made the leap into being a member myself.

I am moving back to my home town of Sault Ste Marie, Ontairo (Canadian Garrison's territory), where there are no other 501st members within a 2 1/2 hour drive.  With that grim knowledge in hand, I contacted one of my geekiest friends back home, and in my best 1980's Commercial Salesman Voice, I asked "Hey!  Do you want to make a positive change in the world?  Do you want to have fun on your days off?  Do you want your VERY OWN Star Wars costume?"  He fell for the bait, so I asked him what costume he'd be interested in.  To my surprise, he didn't say Stormtrooper or Darth Vader right off the bat.  No.  Nothing so mundane for him!  He's decided he wants to be an Imperial Knight!

So I'm here, as his "Imperial Advisor" (his words, not mine), to learn about the costume, and to come up with a list of sources, tips, and of course, budget.  Once we get him in costume, I'll be able to troop again, and introduce another city to the Bad Guys Doing Good.

Cory Parker. TK 2372. Star Garrison. Just finished Darth Nihilus costume. Taking submission photos this weekend at All Con in Dallas. Never mind the extra saber on the belt. Forgot it was there. 

12008482-8A08-4EA2-9FE4-AAC290654654.jpeg

Hello all! My name is Austin and I'm from the Tempe/Mesa, Arizona area of the United States. 

I am a newer member of the Dune Sea Garrison and hope to be joining as a full 501st Member as Darth Revan. 

Looking forward to talking/meeting with all of you! 

Hello Everyone,

I am a prospective member of the Golden Gate Garrison. I have recently finished a Darth Revan costume and I am looking to join the 501st after seeing a couple of my closest friends get involved and the positive impact they have had on the community and what it has brought to their lives, being able to share their love of Star Wars with other fans.

Thanks!

Hi

I’m Clair & I live in Norwich, UK, although I’m from New Zealand. As my husband has gotten clearance for his Darth Vader this week, I thought I should put some effort into our local meet up in September (Norcon).

He has convinced me that if  i’m going to make a costume anyway I should aim to make it worthy of the 501st! Mara Jade would  be a great addition to our genealogy as number one son is a dedicated four-year-old Kylo Ren and I’m not really a Padme or Leia. 

Well, I introduce myself, I'm Mich from Mexico, and I'm working on a Nihilus suit, hoping to be part of the 501 legionaries at Mexican Garrison soon, I'm interested to be a lifelong fan of the Star Wars saga , I have made some costumes for children, with paper, and now that I see that works are carried out and children are helped, it is of great interest for me to enter and be part of this great family. Sorry my bad english.

Regards!

Screenshot_8.png

Hello! Requesting 501st Member Access.  

I am from the Florida Garrison, The Everglades Squad.  I currently have an approved Juno Eclipse. 

I’m getting started on my next build now, which is Mara Jade.  Iv already gotten the pattern for the suit and am starting on the lightsaber.  I can’t wait wait to be a full member of this detachment! 

Hello all!! I am TX-81500/ Jeff I am from the Wisconsin garrison Devastator squad. I am looking to hopefully build the Starkiller Hoth costume. Defiantly happy to take any and all help, suggestions, or ideas on the overall build.

Hello there! I'm Caitlin from Singapore, hoping to eventually join the Singapore Garrison as Dr Aphra (grey jacket version). I'm also a newly approved Rebel Legion member, but the Dark Side is calling to me, and I must answer...

Hey everyone,  being from northern Cali I am looking to be part of the golden gate garrison. Along with my Kylo ren I am working on, also looking to build my own revan , maybe nihilus later on down the road. Like many have been a star wars fan all my life & as an avid cosplayer the 501st is right up my alley.

Hello Everyone, my name is Erica! I am a new recruit of the 501st Legion, in Surprise AZ. I am in the Dune Sea Garrison as Mara Jade. I wanted to join the 501st because I love Star Wars and I wanted to contribute to my community. Excited to be here!

uhD9tLK.jpg

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Aly, from South Australia.

I'v just started posting in the Southern Dewback Garrison.

My hubby has been a 501st member for a couple of years now, so iv been to troops taking photos and wrangling where needed.

I'm just starting a Revan build of my own.

Looking forward to chatting with you and soaking up all your Revan knowledge.

:grin:

Hello All!

My name is Ulysses and im from Miami, Fl. - Im a prospective member of Everglades squad  - Florida Garrison. 

I am currently working on a Sith Acolyte  - just started gathering the parts now. Have a lot of untrimmed White ABS sitting in a box at the moment. :-P

Looking forward to connecting with any others out there working on their own Acolytes!

Thank you!

Hello All,

My name is Lewis and I am from Bartlesville Oklahoma(North of Tulsa) I am a member of the Oklahoma Garrison as a TK. I joined the forums as my wife is looking to build a Seventh Sister. She has gathered the Armor (except the helmet and soft goods at the moment) and I will be posting on the Seventh Sister area for some help. Looking forward to helping her get on the proper path with the Dark Side.