• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hi all!

I'm Simon, I'm from Northern Ireland, just got my first clearance with the Irish Garrison for a Line Officer, and about to start an AT-AT Commander.

At the moment, I'm just getting into the whole hobby, but ultimately I want to put together an Imperial Knight costume. So, here I am to read and research! I believe this one is currently having a CRL entry built? Obviously curious to see how things progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings,

My name is Wade and I recently completed an ANH Male Tusken (DZ).  I ama member of the Krayt Clan, and my affiliate is the Gateway Squad of the 70th Explorers garrison.  I found my way here as I am interested in putting together a 5th Brother costume.  This will be a challenge in many ways and hope to document my failures and successes here for all to participate in my journey and provide feedback. 

What's up guys and gals! My name's Alex TI3647 of the Florida garrison. I haven't been active for 5 years and had to sell my TI but I'm back and currently acquiring everything to start my Acolyte! I've already located the hard armor, helmet and outer robes along with my hero grade lightsaber but I'm looking for the soft parts now. I joined the legion on just the emence amount of love I have for the franchise and also the smile on those kids faces when we show up to show em not all villains are bad! I look forward to trooping with you all!

• Like 1

Hi! I´m Mauri Garcia and I belong to the Spanish Garrison!

I appear as "pending" in 501st.com. I recently had my approval as the Grand Inquisitor...

Thanks!!!!

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

My name is Corey and I am currently with the Dune Sea Garrison in Arizona. I have an approved Sand Trooper and very close to finishing Imperial Staff Officer. I really want to try something challenging that will take time and patience and looking through the Garrisons and sites I've noticed there aren't to many Savage Oppress tutorials are approved costumes. My younger two kids love him from the Clone Wars and I also think he's pretty cool. I'm pretty good at pepakura projects, weathering and painting, sintra and metals but I'm going to struggle with the leather crafting and sewing since I have never attempted them. I am sure like all the other 501st sites there is so much knowledge and talent here I will learn how to get it right. Thank you all for accepting me and looking forward to getting to know you guys.

• Like 1

Hello! My name is Meaghan and I am building for the Canada: Canadian Garrison. I am a newbie but I am beginning a Darth Maladi build this year until it's done. I am hyped to join then 501st because of it's awesome, helpful, and welcoming community, as well as the 501st's dedication to charity events, as well as I am obviously a Star Wars fan. Star Wars + Charity + Cosplay = What's not to like?

I am picking Darth Maladi because you just don't see her often enough! And what's not to love about her? Force Lightning, great force use in general, Amazing hair and tattoos, she's a science nerd with her own lab and garden, and she has a nice outfit. Plus when she smiles it beams so far and great that all star systems fear it!

I hope to meet y'all soon.

Yours truly,

-Meagz.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, and thank you for the access to the forum!

I'm an aspiring member of the 501st from Norway, so looking at joining the Nordic Garrison. At the moment I'm researching several costumes, but the ones I'm definately making are Darth Nihilus COTF version, and a Biker scout. This is the first I've ever done in making any costumes, so I'm looking forward to get started, and also to get to know some of you :D

Cheers,

Morten

Hey all!

I'm Lauren. I live in Belfast in Northern Ireland and recently joined the Ireland Garrison and working on my first costume (Seventh Sister). Joining to watch the CRL build to be as accurate as possible.  

I love (and am slightly addicted to) the 501st already. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. All troops are inclusive and I'm enjoying it more and more every minute. 

I'm currently engaged to TK41085 (Dave) which will make TK46267 (Charley) my brother in law, so it was a case of if you can't beat em, join em lol. 

Looking forward to clearance and interacting with you through these forums over the course of my build and beyond. 

Hello all,

My name is James, but I am known on YouTube and on many forums as Darth Cephalus. My name comes from my two great loves: Star Wars and the Cthulhu Mythos. I have been active in the lightsaber and flow arts community for some time, but decided I would like to take the plunge and become part of the larger fan community. The 501st and their commitment to charity and fandom seemed like a good way to go.

By trade, I am a college teacher and small business owner. On a personal level, I am a husband and father. Costumes and lightsaber duels are a big part of my family. 

I am currently working to build a Darth Nihilus costume. Nihilus has always fascinated me. He is a character unlike any others, and is probably the SW universe's closest thing to a Cthulhu Mythos character. I am working with Wicked Armor to get the costume. 

I am in Oregon, so will be attempting to join the Cloud City Garison. 

Hello!  AssassinGirl, DZ-27027, hailing from Alpine Garrison (Utah).  I have been a member of the 501st since 2013 but am now looking at doing my next costume: Barriss Offee: Traitor.

I currently have an approved Jawa.  I did have an apporved Juno Eclipse; Rogue Shadow but retired her at the end of last year.  I joined the 501st because I love the work they do.  I have been apart of so many great opportunities it is amazing!

I am really excited to start Barriss!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm SL/ID 86110 and I'm with the Dutch Garrison. I'm also a member of the Dune Sea Base within the Rebel Legion as Jyn Erso.
I recently got my second costume approved within the 501st Legion, Lana Beniko. I'm very happy to have finished it after building every part from scratch and getting help from my boyfriend to paint and weather every part with pigments. I wanted to join the Flagship forums as I'm hoping to be able to finally finish my Seventh Sister build after working on that for over a year as well as being able to contribute to any other members looking to build a Lana Beniko costume.

• Like 1

Good Morning! My name is Shelly. I'm on the Northern edge of the Bloodfin Garrison in Indiana. I am working on a Doctor Aphra. My husband and I cosplay with our children at local cons and events but I want to do more. I love that with the 501st/ RL I can give back while I cosplay. Putting a smile on someones face by sharing a common love in some way. I am a high school librarian and run our schools pop culture/gaming club and I like being able to show my students that it is ok to be interested in cosplay, cons, and such as an adult and that they can even do great things for others through it. I am also interested in making a Mara but its the RL green one. I welcome any and all advice. Aphra is still a relatively new character so there isn't a lot of info out there for me to go through. 

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Hi everyone my name is Reece I'm from Melbourne Ill be apart of the knightfall squad under the flagship eclipse, I am currently building Darth Revan. I am joining the 501st because I am a massive fan been wanting to do something like this for years and I appreciate it what this great group of people do with charity awsome stuff so yeah. In regards to my Darth Revan build I ha e pretty much everything I need on order to the 501st spec now its a wait for a bit and pretty much getting everything together I really like Darth Revan obviously first heard of him playing KOTOR and after that I was like if ever I get to portray a sith this is the guy lol. Well thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon Regards Reece 

Hello everyone My name is Jim Derrick and I hail From Ely, NV ( AKA Hoth) which is located approximately 3.5 hours drive north from Las Vegas, NV in the high desert. I am a member of the 501st and the Neon City Garrison which represents the State of Nevada. I currently own an "A New Hope" Storm Trooper. I would like to build a Darth Nihilus Costume and this is the place to be to get that goal accomplished. My sister who is not a member anywhere yet has been grumbling about a build also and I think that I have finally talked her into joining the dark side as well and she should be applying here soon as well. I first stumbled across the 501st completely by accident but it looked like it would be a lot of fun and I have indeed not been let down so far. I have also had the chance to meet and work with some really spectacular people along the way. But the REAL reason that I joined the Dark Side is because they have cookies. :chewdance::tkdance::saber:http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=21330&costumeID=124

Cheers

Jim Derrick

TK-10165

Hello everyone, my name is Lewis and I'm in AZ. Currently I'm just a recruit in the 501st, however I am an official member of The Dark Empire. 

I'm currently starting to work on a Tulak Hord kit, which led me to this wonderful detachment. I'm currently in the "gather reference materials" phase and will be posting a WIP thread here that will be mirrored on my local garrison page (Dune Sea Garrison)

This is going to be a fun challenge that I'm looking forward to.

Hello everyone! I'm Camilla, from Italy. 
currently i'm working on ventress: clone wars costume, hoping to enter the Italica Garrison.

I'm here asking for some tips for finishing my costume (it's almost 80% done) because in Italy no one does this type of ventress' costume. - like sewing or glueing the huge amount of wraps to the costume?
(the costume leader of the italian garrison send me here to ask for some advice =) )

Hello everyone, I'm Jerry SL-11180 From Houston, TX (Star Garrison) . I just relocated from Tempe, AZ (Dune Sea Garrison). I'm a member of the 501st and Dark Empire both as Darth Nuhilus I'm also working on a Mando for the Mercs.

Hello everyone!

I'm SL-19090 (AKA Chris) from the Southern California Garrison's IE Squad. I've been in the Legion for about a year and a half now, only one approved costume so far: Darth Revan. Looking forward to getting to trooping with you all someday!

Hi! I’m Kimia from Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas hoping to become a member of the Star Garrison. I am interested in helping build the CRL for Barriss Offee. 

I love the detail and passion that goes into the creation of these characters, and I want to be a part of the group responsible for them. The fun and charity of the 501st are also reasons for wanting to join. 

BFBC1042-F5DC-4A0D-9D4E-145BABE165E7.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi! Rebecca from the DC area, interested in joining the Old Line Garrison when I have a costume completed and approved.  I’m joining because of my love of Star Wars, cosplay (have done mostly video game characters so far), and making people smile through bringing their favorite characters to life.  I’m trying to do a Dr. Aphra-Grey Jacket for my first costume and would really appreciate any guidance or assistance, especially as to whether it’s possible to purchase some pieces from someone.

Hi my name is Tom TI-32332 I’m a member of the empire city garrison. My friend Rebecca is joining the 501st and I am offering to help guide her on the journey of her first costume.

Hello everyone! :)

I´m Marie and I´m a Swede.

I´m currently not a member of any Garrison but i do enjoy the supportjobs i do at  Nordic Garrison  on the events here in Sweden.

So...I´m trying to get together my Maris Brood-character now. With the awesome cross guardsabers already at home and the her zabrakhorns on the way all that is left now is the wig, make-up and her outfit. ;) I have a feeling that i´ts gonna take a while to finish..

I´m going to ask alot of questions i guess, and i hope you guys can help me on the way to become Maris. :)

Hi. 

My name is Emilio, I'm 24 and I'm from Italy.

I'd like to join the Legion, and this Detachment, with the costume of Starkiller Dark Lord's armour.  I'll make you many question about the costume, 

Thanks everyone for the answer.

• Like 1