• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hi my name is Nhan Vo and I'm from the Imperial Sand Garrison in San Diego. I'm in the process of acquiring and fitting a COTF Darth Nihilus for full 501st membership.

Later projects for me this year include finishing an ANH Stunt TK and an FOTK, as well as working on a Boba next year.

Hoping to represent the detachment and the legion in Cons and future events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi my name is Nhan Vo and I'm from the Imperial Sand Garrison in San Diego. I'm in the process of acquiring and fitting a COTF Darth Nihilus for full 501st membership.

Later projects for me this year include finishing an ANH Stunt TK and an FOTK, as well as working on a Boba next year.

Hoping to represent the detachment and the legion in Cons and future events.

*fist bump* Hello fellow local, my name is Dawn Bright SL13377! I'm Southern California Garrison but I own a home in San Diego and troop a ton with ISG, some of my best friends are in ISG. They just got a Revan they could use a Nihilus! Love seeing that pair together.

Edited by Amidala

*fist bump* Hello fellow local, my name is Dawn Bright SL13377! I'm Southern California Garrison but I own a home in San Diego and troop a ton with ISG, some of my best friends are in ISG. They just got a Revan they could use a Nihilus! Love seeing that pair together.

Hey Dawn! Loved your Kylo Ren video btw, saw it on YouTube a while back so I'm expecting some similarities with Nihilus being really layered and hot to wear. I wear layers in the sun anyways so it might not be too bad during the summer

I was hoping there would be a Revan to troop with, sounds great

Hi! My name is Andriele. I'm from Canada. I want to make a cosplay of Darth Talon, my goal : make it as much accurate as I can! I Want to join the 501st cause the Canada Garrison cause I Love Star Wars and a lot of my friends are in and I would love shared the same passion with every members during Comiccon!

Hi! My name is Andriele. I'm from Canada. I want to make a cosplay of Darth Talon, my goal : make it as much accurate as I can! I Want to join the 501st cause the Canada Garrison cause I Love Star Wars and a lot of my friends are in and I would love shared the same passion with every members during Comiccon!

Hello to you! cant wait to see your build! :)

Hi all, my name is Jesse, I am planning on joining the Ohio garrison. I have started the approval process with my "starkiller in sith concept robes" costume. Our GML asked for just a couple of changes and I should be good to go. (Yeah). I am currently a mandalorian merc official member, (clan Ver'alor, and regional Ver'sol) I thought it was about time to join the ranks of the 501st, since I troop with many of you guys already.

• Like 1

Greetings!

My name is Erik and I am from the Midwest Garrison. I've been trooping aince about 2012, my first outfit being Grand Admiral Thrawn. I am an approveed Grand Moff Tarkin and recently got my approval for my Sim Aloo outfit. I joined up with the 501st since they said I looked like Peter Cushing and because I like to do costume events (I first met the Legion on FCBD in a costume store where I working at the time.) I like doing outfits that aren't often done, which is why I am interested in the EU. I think Thrawn is one of the most incredible of characters and am greatly irritated that Disney has de-canonized him. As far as other EU characters I have worked on, I made an eyepatch piece a couple years ago and trooped as Admiral Screed from droids. Someday, i would like to try putting together a yuzzhan vong character like Nom Anor.

Glad to meet you!

Edited by Bow2Thrawn
  • Like 1

Hi my name is Johannes from Nordic Garrison.

I have mostly put my mind on Jolly Roger Squadron and Im now searching for other projects in the Star Wars Universe.

Hopefully in the future I'll find the Costume that I really want to make from the expanded Universe.

Cheers

TI-54513

• Like 1

Hi my name is Johannes from Nordic Garrison.

I have mostly put my mind on Jolly Roger Squadron and Im now searching for other projects in the Star Wars Universe.

Hopefully in the future I'll find the Costume that I really want to make from the expanded Universe.

Cheers

TI-54513

Huge hello and welcome to you good sir! There are so many costumes here and so many that have yet to be made! :)

• Like 1

Greetings!

My name is Erik and I am from the Midwest Garrison. I've been trooping aince about 2012, my first outfit being Grand Admiral Thrawn. I am an approveed Grand Moff Tarkin and recently got my approval for my Sim Aloo outfit. I joined up with the 501st since they said I looked like Peter Cushing and because I like to do costume events (I first met the Legion on FCBD in a costume store where I working at the time.) I like doing outfits that aren't often done, which is why I am interested in the EU. I think Thrawn is one of the most incredible of characters and am greatly irritated that Disney has de-canonized him. As far as other EU characters I have worked on, I made an eyepatch piece a couple years ago and trooped as Admiral Screed from droids. Someday, i would like to try putting together a yuzzhan vong character like Nom Anor.

Glad to meet you!

Huge Hello and Welcome!

One of my best friends in my garrison has a Sim Aloo. Its amazing to see how many folks have chosen to do that costume.

Thrawn is a GREAT option... hey.. what with Rouge One what do you think of that amazing guy in the trailer?

I myself am a huge Legion 1st fan! I own 20 Approved costumes and 10 of them are Legion 1sts so I feel you on that! *High Five* Its really neat to meet someone who isnt only a fan of the Sithlords, :)

Hi all, my name is Jesse, I am planning on joining the Ohio garrison. I have started the approval process with my "starkiller in sith concept robes" costume. Our GML asked for just a couple of changes and I should be good to go. (Yeah). I am currently a mandalorian merc official member, (clan Ver'alor, and regional Ver'sol) I thought it was about time to join the ranks of the 501st, since I troop with many of you guys already.

I myself own this exact costume, Its one of my favorites. Starkiller is my absolute favorite EU Chracter. Photos Photos!

Hi, my name is Judy and I am awaiting 501st approval for a Biker Scout. Will be a part of Cloud City Garrison Portland, Oregon area. After we attended Star Wars Celebration last year, my husband finally after many many years of dressing as Darth Maul, was approved shortly after we returned home from Celebration. It was the jolt we needed to finally join. I have just been spotting so far as I have had a hard time deciding on a character as most the characters I would like to do are pretty obscure for general population trooping events. 

I am thinking of doing Asajj Ventress Concept, but I have a question - not sure if this is right place to post the question and if needed, please direct me to the right area....the Nightsister Ventress is the only CRL that states if the cloak is worn and there are not any signs of hair then being bald or the cap is not necessary. Is this the same for the Concept Ventress?

Nice to meet you all  :-D

Hey there, Everyone! Name's Kyle, and I am working on a Darth Revan costume to join the Capital City Garrison. Always been a huge fan of Star Wars, and Revan is my all time favourite force user. Been wanting to join the 501st for a LONG time now, but never really had the confidence to make a costume that would fit the 501st standards. Now is the time for me to prove myself wrong. I look forward to finishing this costume, and trooping with folks, and of course, getting to know everyone! I, of course, have many questions on how people have done their own Revan costumes, so be sure to hear from me soon!

• Like 1

Hey everyone, IC 11479 here. I'm part of the Georgia Garrison and have always been a huge fan of Star Wars and wanted to make kids smile and get to walk around in costume. I'm looking to do either a Imperial knight or Dark Apprentice Starkiller. Looking forward to talking with you all and getting this costume together.

Hi folks!

I'm Andry (A.K.A. Dart, TB-3878) from the Canadian Garrison. I'm the new GML and I just figured it'd be worth checking out all the detachments so I can get a better insight on some of the costumes. I'm also here to help research a costume or two for some future members.

Edited by Dart
  • Like 1

Hi folks!

I'm Andry (A.K.A. Dart, TB-3878) from the Canadian Garrison. I'm the new GML and I just figured it'd be worth checking out all the detachments so I can get a better insight on some of the costumes. I'm also here to help research a costume or two for some future members.

Huge hello and welcome!!

Hey there, Everyone! Name's Kyle, and I am working on a Darth Revan costume to join the Capital City Garrison. Always been a huge fan of Star Wars, and Revan is my all time favourite force user. Been wanting to join the 501st for a LONG time now, but never really had the confidence to make a costume that would fit the 501st standards. Now is the time for me to prove myself wrong. I look forward to finishing this costume, and trooping with folks, and of course, getting to know everyone! I, of course, have many questions on how people have done their own Revan costumes, so be sure to hear from me soon!

Huge hello and welcome! The revans are very popular! Revans one of my favorites! 

• Like 1

Huge hello and welcome! The revans are very popular! Revans one of my favorites! 

Revan has long been a favourite of mine. Who wouldn't want to portray one of the most power characters in all of Star Wars? Plus, the mask is just pure awesomeness. 

• Like 1

Hiii everyone! This is Maitane from Seville, Spain (you can call me Mai as everyone does). Kaley Obdris is because my character from KOTOR 1 had that name hahaha and I love that game, it's my favourite. I am here because I want to do a Darth Revan's costume and join the Spanish Garrison, it is my dream because they do such a great work doing what they love and I'd LOVE to do the same. Looking foward to meet you all, thank you! ^^ 

• Like 1

Huge Hello and Welcome!

One of my best friends in my garrison has a Sim Aloo. Its amazing to see how many folks have chosen to do that costume.

Thrawn is a GREAT option... hey.. what with Rouge One what do you think of that amazing guy in the trailer?

I myself am a huge Legion 1st fan! I own 20 Approved costumes and 10 of them are Legion 1sts so I feel you on that! *High Five* Its really neat to meet someone who isnt only a fan of the Sithlords, :)

Is that Joseph? He's the only other Sim Aloo I know of. I'm currently working on plans for that new mysterious officer in Rogue One!

• Like 1

Hi, Spencer and I'm from Cudahy, Wisconsin. I'm currently doing a Rebel Legion build right now of Ahsoka Tano.

Now now before we get alittle stringy about this being the 501st and being the bad guys, hear me out! Haha.

I want to make the twisted version of Ahsoka from the Altar of Mortis story arc. She went dark side there! I've never seen it done, and I can totally see this as a sith. However my thoughts mean nothing whenever it comes to standards though, it's up to the judges to make that call.

I am here to pool as many resources as I can in making this character come to life. I'm making her headpiece in a way that few have done before. A silicone based skin, filled with flex-it foam from Smooth-On to give the lekku mass and realistic gravity. I also want this headpiece to be duel capable, meaning I want it to deal with the punishment of staying on my head when I fall down, it being wacked around, all at the same time, looking as realistic as possible. You can't do that with rigid/soft foam or fabric based Togrutan Montrals, In fact, their quite restrictive! Enough about that, it deserves to be written down in a WIP thread somewhere I'm sure.

• Like 2

Revan has long been a favourite of mine. Who wouldn't want to portray one of the most power characters in all of Star Wars? Plus, the mask is just pure awesomeness. 

Oh so very true!! I went the SWTOR Route with my Revan! XD  Guy just cant figure out of he wants to be good or bad. <3 I love that about him! XD haha

12240942905_69ea327c3a_h.jpg

• Like 1

Is that Joseph? He's the only other Sim Aloo I know of. I'm currently working on plans for that new mysterious officer in Rogue One!

Thats him!! I helped him with that EVIL hat of his XD 

I LOVE cruising around with him in my Sideous! We make a great pair

8vIu0vH.jpg