• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Greetings:D

I'm Ion, curently reside in London.

Love play SW:TOR. Started work on Lana Beniko SOR, (green version).

Also I have one of Dread masters, Darth Bestia costume (older mask version), which I plan upgrade.

Should I start work in progress thread or something? How it works if characters are kinda new?

I'm not a 501st member yet but hope to join.

Hello all,

My name is Chris, 44 years old, probably be 45 by the time I finish my costume lol.  

I am from Hawaii, but I have been living in Germany for the last 20 years.

I am Ex-US ARMY, Ex-DOD Civilian, Currently a Physical Therapist. 

My intention is to join the German Garrison (and the SESQ with in it), once I get my costume completed.

The Costume I am working on is Starkiller: Dark Lord's Armor Hoth

Reason I am interested in joining the 501st, my kids are getting older, gives me more time on my hands, and I am looking for a new hobby.

Also it looks like fun, makes little kids happy, and something to give back to the next generation of Star Wars fans.

Reason I am here in the EU, I have questions about my costume that needs a bit of help, and all the Starkillers are here lol.

I have already read some posts of others who have made the same costume, and I need some helpful info.

Chris...

Hello, everyone!  I'm Andrea, but y'all can also call me Ky.  I live in southern California near the Imperial Sands Garrison, and I'm also a sewist.  A clan mate (I'm also a prospective with the MMCC) suggested I make soft parts for costumes, so I'm joining the detachments and offering to help with whatever soft parts I can.  (And who knows?  My 'home era' is the Old Republic, so I may settle more here along with being a Merc.  Time will tell.)  So definitely let me know how I can help!  Thanks, all!

Good morning. I have made my way over here from the Florida Garrison (Everglades Squad) and, while currently stationed in VA, I will be relocating to Miami in May on military orders. I wanted to get to know some of the 501st folks in my soon to be local area before heading down. I have toyed around with joining the 501st for a few years now, but life and other fandoms have always gotten in the way and my Star Wars costumes have never been started. But this time I am resolved - lol!

A bit about me - I have been costuming for about 7 years now, mostly military cosplay: Firefly Browncoat, Halo, Alliance Trooper/Officer (Firefly), and more recently many various uniforms from David Weber's Honor Harrington series as a member of The Royal Manticoran Navy, The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association where I serve on their canon costume design and research team.

I am currently looking at putting together a Sith Acolyte from SWTOR. I have put out a few feelers on the RPF in regards to the helmet and armor - and I have found a source for the robes that I think will do nicely. Saber Forge is providing the lightsaber, appropriately the Acolyte model with a crimson soundboard and 12W LEDs. Incidentally, I will also put out a feeler here to Mynock if I am unable to contact him via the RPF as it is his armor system and V5 mask/helmet that I am most interested in.

I really look forward to getting to know everyone. This will be my first Star Wars project, but not my first armor project, having built two heavily modified Sean Bradley ODST kits in the past - but those were not going up for any sort of review or approval - so any advice that anyone can offer as to this particular armor, the other available kits, assembly/painting, and pitfalls to avoid on the road to approval, would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading a lot of the build threads here on the forums (searched Sith Acolyte) and have noticed a few instances where people needed to re-do things or scrap the whole affair and start over - this enlisted guy cannot afford such mistakes - lol

Thanks all!

Hi everyone :) My name is Marissa and I'm from The Netherlands. I've been following the 501st for a while now and it would be a dream come true to join the Dutch Garrison. I'm so busy finishing my degree that I don't have much time for crafting yet, but my goal is to start working on my costume in the summer. I thought I'd join already to just browse what others are doing/have done, since I'm not sure yet what costume I want to go for. I'm a big fan of The Old Republic game, but also love Mara Jade, so at least I know that TFE is the place to be for me! :)

Hi Marissa we're always here to help with whatever you decide to do.   

Hey guys I'm from Dallas Texas and I'm just now getting into the star wars costuming scene. I'm pretty excited to start working on a A'sharad Hett costume!

Welcome Lao, be sure to get a WIP thread started of your own and we'll be happy to help you out!

Hello all, I'm Michael from Fort Worth, joining Star Garrison/North Texas. I am currently working on getting my Darth Nihlius gear together at the moment and I'm looking forward to being part of the community. I think it's wonderful that the 501st goes to the charity events that they do and I can't wait to be a part of it. I'm a photographer based out of Dallas so if anyone needs photos of their characters let me know !! I'm looking for extra large gloves for Nihlius if anyone knows where to get a nice pair as well as size 15 boots, and and all help is appreciated !! I look forward to knowing you all !! Cheers

Hi Michael.  Glad to have you on board.   Try asking in the Nihilus threads but let me know if you have any problems finding that information.

Hello Im YourMaster Im currently Part of the MMCC and would like to be part of the 501st as well! I live in Halifax ,  Nova Scotia Canada. I really enjoy costuming And screen quality costumes! Ive already begun to build my Kylo Ren kit.  Not really sure what garrison i will fall into. I dont beleave we have one here were i live. But i have friends in the 501st a province over So it wont take long to find out!

Greetings Master.  If your friends need help figuring out who your local unit is, let me know, I'll try to help.   As for Kylo Ren, we've got some great threads here, so be sure to dig in if you haven't already.

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking around here for many years! Have always wanted to start on my costumes, but first I was busy with school and had no money, then I started work and had no life, then I got married and had a kid... Then I realized that I will never get started if I don't leap into it! So here I am.

I am from Singapore, but currently not in the 501st. I do have a completed generic Jedi, but that is about all.

I have been contemplating an Imperial Knight, a Revan (Got the mask from wickedarmor so far), and a Prototype Boba Fett for some time.

Having narrowed down to Imperial Knight, I realized that there isn't as much information as I had hoped for. So here I am, registering myself and hoping to get some guidance and advice along the way to completing my IK. (I did stumble across starfortressproduction, but a quick google told me to stay far far away from them)

Hope I did not ramble too much. It's good to be on board! :)

We're here to help with anything you need Luc.  Let us know.  You've got some great folks in Singapore also who I am sure can also help.

Greetings:D
I'm Ion, curently reside in London.
Love play SW:TOR. Started work on Lana Beniko SOR, (green version).
Also I have one of Dread masters, Darth Bestia costume (older mask version), which I plan upgrade.
Should I start work in progress thread or something? How it works if characters are kinda new?
I'm not a 501st member yet but hope to join.

Hi Ion, glad to have you.  

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/95-eu-character-research-discussions/is our thread for costumes we're working on but may not yet have approved.

I've been dying to see some Dread Masters, so extra kudos there, I like the older mask myself, but that's what I remember from those cutscenes. :)   Please let us know if you need any assistance at all, we're here every step of the way.

Heya, TK-41181 of the FL garrison.  

Basically helping my fiance with her upcoming 7th Sister build, was trying to figure where the rest of the builders were for this, it seems this is it!

Glad you found us Panzer, as always, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help.

Hi I'm Matt, I'm from New York and I'm trying to put together an Imperial Knight Costume.

Welcome Matt!   We've got info for that!  Be sure to dig in, and ask questions!

Hi! I'm Julie from Cleveland Ohio. I will be with the Ohio Garrison. I'm currently working on a Seventh Sister costume and would love any tips!

I'm posting pics of my work in progress here...

http://ohio501st.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13850

Welcome Julie!   Thanks for the link!   If you start a discussion thread we'll be able to bounce ideas back and forth.  Private messages are also great too if you need.

Hello all,

My name is Chris, 44 years old, probably be 45 by the time I finish my costume lol.  

I am from Hawaii, but I have been living in Germany for the last 20 years.

I am Ex-US ARMY, Ex-DOD Civilian, Currently a Physical Therapist. 

My intention is to join the German Garrison (and the SESQ with in it), once I get my costume completed.

The Costume I am working on is Starkiller: Dark Lord's Armor Hoth

Reason I am interested in joining the 501st, my kids are getting older, gives me more time on my hands, and I am looking for a new hobby.

Also it looks like fun, makes little kids happy, and something to give back to the next generation of Star Wars fans.

Reason I am here in the EU, I have questions about my costume that needs a bit of help, and all the Starkillers are here lol.

I have already read some posts of others who have made the same costume, and I need some helpful info.

Chris...

Welcome Brother. (Air Force, currently applying Dept of Treasury).  I'm glad this club can provide all your needs in a hobby, it's truly rewarding the first time some little boy or girl gives you a big hug (and even when they run away terrified).  If you haven't already, feel free to start your own thread if you need to and get some direct comments.  if you're not getting the help you need, please let me know.

Hello, everyone!  I'm Andrea, but y'all can also call me Ky.  I live in southern California near the Imperial Sands Garrison, and I'm also a sewist.  A clan mate (I'm also a prospective with the MMCC) suggested I make soft parts for costumes, so I'm joining the detachments and offering to help with whatever soft parts I can.  (And who knows?  My 'home era' is the Old Republic, so I may settle more here along with being a Merc.  Time will tell.)  So definitely let me know how I can help!  Thanks, all!

Welcome Ky!   There's always a high demand for folks with sewing skills.   Naturally you have to be kind of careful how you advertise, but be sure to check out threads like this one, and various build threads to see if anyone needs help!   

Good morning. I have made my way over here from the Florida Garrison (Everglades Squad) and, while currently stationed in VA, I will be relocating to Miami in May on military orders. I wanted to get to know some of the 501st folks in my soon to be local area before heading down. I have toyed around with joining the 501st for a few years now, but life and other fandoms have always gotten in the way and my Star Wars costumes have never been started. But this time I am resolved - lol!

A bit about me - I have been costuming for about 7 years now, mostly military cosplay: Firefly Browncoat, Halo, Alliance Trooper/Officer (Firefly), and more recently many various uniforms from David Weber's Honor Harrington series as a member of The Royal Manticoran Navy, The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association where I serve on their canon costume design and research team.

I am currently looking at putting together a Sith Acolyte from SWTOR. I have put out a few feelers on the RPF in regards to the helmet and armor - and I have found a source for the robes that I think will do nicely. Saber Forge is providing the lightsaber, appropriately the Acolyte model with a crimson soundboard and 12W LEDs. Incidentally, I will also put out a feeler here to Mynock if I am unable to contact him via the RPF as it is his armor system and V5 mask/helmet that I am most interested in.

I really look forward to getting to know everyone. This will be my first Star Wars project, but not my first armor project, having built two heavily modified Sean Bradley ODST kits in the past - but those were not going up for any sort of review or approval - so any advice that anyone can offer as to this particular armor, the other available kits, assembly/painting, and pitfalls to avoid on the road to approval, would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading a lot of the build threads here on the forums (searched Sith Acolyte) and have noticed a few instances where people needed to re-do things or scrap the whole affair and start over - this enlisted guy cannot afford such mistakes - lol

Thanks all!

Welcome SNK, I know the feeling.   It was only at E-4 that I started really having fun money.  I do miss that sweet E-5 check, but I'm hoping to be getting that GS-9 and even 11 soon.   

You've clearly done your research, try posting and reaching out here.  Mynock is generally your guy.  But if that doesn't work, I have a fairly short list of other names I may be able to help you find another option.  Lemme know.

• Like 1

Hello all ...!

My name is Christian, im born in Argentina but in December of 2012 i travel to live in Bogota, Colombia. Im fan of star wars since i have 4 or 6 years (i think, because i dont remeber well).

I´m start to build my uniform and i enter in this group to ask some assistance because im try to enter in the Colombia OutPost, i made many friends there 2 of them are Yess  and Chris (my "tocayo").

Well.... im start to botter withmy ideas soon.

NOTE: I try to put the Colombia Garrison in my profile but i don´t see it.

Hi, everyone! My name is Rebecca; I'm a cadet with the Georgia Garrison and live in the Atlanta area. I'll be running the Disney Dark Side 10k in April and am making either a ventress or dark sister costume for the race. Even though it's just a spandexy mock-up for a fun run, I'm hoping to learn more about the builds and potentially create a proper costume of approvable quality. Thanks for having me!

Greetings all, I'm Kevin. Calling in from the New Orleans area and hopefully soon be a full member of the Bast Alpha Garrison.  I'm working to finish up a Revan outfit at the moment while my wife is working on a Barriss Offee for the Rebel Legion.  I've been reading over the forums for some time now before signing up and looking forward to being able to talk with others.

• Like 1

Hello eveyone! I am Trevor from the Star Garrison West Texas Squad. I am getting approved in the Mando Mercs for Clan Murran. I am working on a Sith acolyte costume now. I love the community work we do as Star Wars cosplayers and want to continue my costuming and join the 501st as well!

Hi,

I am Brandon I am from Idaho . The timberline garrison is the one i will soon be trying to join. And as far as costumes i am wanting to make Darth Revan. And I know its not a official Character yet in here but want to also make a Darth Bane. 

• Like 1

Hi,

I am Brandon I am from Idaho . The timberline garrison is the one i will soon be trying to join. And as far as costumes i am wanting to make Darth Revan. And I know its not a official Character yet in here but want to also make a Darth Bane. 

Welcome Brandon. It was good to meet you at the school and I'm glad you made it over here. If I can help do tell. 

• Like 1

Hello, everyone. My name is Quintin and I'm looking to join the Dewback Ridge Garrison. I'm trying to decide between two costumes, but can't yet make up my mind.

Which costumes? What draws you to each?

Which costumes? What draws you to each?

Im thinking either Imperial Knight or Sith Acoylte. I'm a beefy guy, so that has to come into consideration.

Im thinking Imperial Knight because:

The armor looks great

They aren't completely evil (I know, the 501st is for bad guys!)

I'm concerned because the body suit of all leather or pleather sounds terrible to wear.

I'm thinking Sith Acoylte because:

They look menacing and the armor is visually interesting.

I'm not sure that I can do this costume though because I've never played SWTOR and don't really know much about them.

Also, i'm not sure if either of these are currently being accepted into the 501st.

I'm thinking Sith Acoylte because:

They look menacing and the armor is visually interesting.

I'm not sure that I can do this costume though because I've never played SWTOR and don't really know much about them.

Also, i'm not sure if either of these are currently being accepted into the 501st.

don't know much about the acolyte? playing swtor you won't know much about them, here you go if you haven't seen these

Decieved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

they also make an appearance here in Hope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkcolVxDy0

yes they are still being accepted

Im thinking either Imperial Knight or Sith Acoylte. I'm a beefy guy, so that has to come into consideration.

Im thinking Imperial Knight because:

The armor looks great

They aren't completely evil (I know, the 501st is for bad guys!)

I'm concerned because the body suit of all leather or pleather sounds terrible to wear.

Very nice. There are Imperial Knights of all kinds and sizes. The body suit, like Vader's is hot to one degree or another.

Both characters are approved and viable in the 501st. 

tr1876_full.jpg

The Clone Emperor

sl10642_full.jpg

Skullflare

Hello! My name is Frank Overman. I will hopefully be joining the Ohio Garrison. I'm currently working on a Revan outfit though I might complete an Acolyte later this year as well. I am currently a member of the Rebel Legion Apollo Base in Ohio and I am wanting to join the 501st so I have options for what I can appear as at official events and not have to always be the good guy.

• Like 1

Cheers! My name is Manuel of the Spanish Garrison, and I am a future Darth Revan also eager to get discharged from CRL to Tol Skorr.

So get to work! thank you very much and I am happy to belong to this detachment.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I am Brian from Vermont in the United States. As such I'm part of the New England Garrison. I am looking at doing a simple Starkiller, his hospital attire from the Empirical. I will post for that next as it has not been done yet. I joined the 501st because it seems like a good community and lots of fun. Thanks for having me!

• Like 1

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Please post where you are from, what Garrison you are/will be a part of, what costume you are looking at doing, and why you are joining (or joined) the 501st. This is so we can all get to know each other!

Hello all,

I am Brian from Vermont in the United States. As such I'm part of the New England Garrison. I am looking at doing a simple Starkiller, his hospital attire from the Empirical. I will post for that next as it has not been done yet. I joined the 501st because it seems like a good community and lots of fun. Thanks for having me!

Ahh such a Starkiller Fan. He is my favorite EU Character (shhh dont tell the Revans that) I cant wait to see! Huge hello and welcome!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome! He is lots of fun, none of that holding back stuff the other force users seem to do. Also, sorry for including the prompt in my original post, I usually copy that above my post for reference and delete it before submitting xP