• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller TIE Training Gear Belts - Slide

DarthGM

Working on a Starkiller costume for my stepson, and I'm a bit confused about some of the hardware for the belts...

* Belt One is at the top. This belt is approximately 5 cm in width. It has a metallic silver slide clasp on the front left side...

* Belt Two is second from the top. ...There is a metallic silver slide clasp on the back left side of belt two, and a tail hangs from this clasp which goes over belt two and then under the rest of the belts.

* A larger belt is worn draped on a diagonal line over the other belts. A large silver slide clasp is located at the front left which has holes or rivets located at the top and bottom edges. Shadows on the belt suggest that the slide clasp is attached only to the right side of the belt, hiding the cut edge of the leather, and then the left end of the belt goes underneath it. The left side can then be attached with snaps that are disguised by the slide clasp. A matching slide clasp is located at the center back of the belt. Four large swivel clips are located on the back of the belt, with two on each side of the slide clasp. These clips are riveted or glued to the belt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get what the CRL means by "slide clasps".  What I look up and find online don't look like they belong, or make sense with how belts work.

Are these just metal loops that go around the belt that leather is tucked through like these?

Nickel-Solid-Brass-Strap-Loop-1126-14-60

Or are these actual two-piece sliding clasps like these? 

slide-lock-clasps---6624-slide-lock-clas

When you look up "Slide clasps" on Google, you get the 2nd hardware.  The first image is of a "metal belt keeper".

Clarification, anyone?

If you look at this picture:

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/1829-no-caption/

You will see the larger metal parts on various belts. for lack of better discription, they are called 'slide clasps'.

They are non-existing metal parts which you will have to make/cut yourself out of metal (best use a thin aluminium plate). just like the D-rings and strap hook on belt 3 and 5. They do not have to be functional, but they can be used to cover possible seems where the belt ends join.

If you look at this picture:

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/1829-no-caption/

You will see the larger metal parts on various belts. for lack of better discription, they are called 'slide clasps'.

They are non-existing metal parts which you will have to make/cut yourself out of metal (best use a thin aluminium plate). just like the D-rings and strap hook on belt 3 and 5. They do not have to be functional, but they can be used to cover possible seems where the belt ends join.

that is correct .. We made all mine from scratch using aluminium

you can see some of  my images here

http://www.alanmolina.co.uk/projects/stakiller

hope they can be of help  for your build