• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

WIP: Darth Nihilus.

AgentSmith

I've started work on my Darth Nihilus, I have purchased a mask from Scott and am following his tutorial. I'm super excited to complete this and hope to have it done in time for celebration!

IMG_1813_zpsqhoiawen.jpg

An excellent start! I hope you do get it finished in time for Celebration. I will have my Nihilus there as well!

Cheers,

Nef

An excellent start! I hope you do get it finished in time for Celebration. I will have my Nihilus there as well!

Cheers,

Nef

Thanks, I hope it will be done too. Though it will be close.

We have gotten the skirts finished and are currently working on the sleeves.

I do not have pictures of them yet though.

Glad you were able to find a blackout mask. When I made my costume that was the one piece I had trouble finding, so I ended up sewing my own.

Cheers,

Nef

Hi

Nice - but where did you put your leather belt ? I saw, that you had it on one of the other pics...  :wink:

+ you need to get this point in the CRL done too :

• The cape and hood gather at the upper chest and the two sides of the fabric are tied together at the upper sternum with a single knot.

I like the weathering, that you´ve done - it looks good.

One thing I don´t see, do you have both the inner-skirt and the outerskirt ??  in the CRL on the 501st. page, it´s set up wrong - it´s the CRL in here, that is the correct one.

I would also point out your Obi seems a little wide. You may need to make it a little bit smaller. It should have an equal distance on either side of the belt that match the width of the belt. It looks like you have double the belt width on either side right now. 

You may need to add additional lines to the padded arms as well. Each sewn line should be 1 inch apart, all the way around the sleeve. 

So far it's looking great! You are very close to being done!

Cheers,

Nef

The belt was not finished, I needed to add something to make it close in the back and its done now and the belt is ready to go.

I do have both skirts the inner and outer. I need to finish the cape (doing that tomorrow and I think that is the last big piece..).

The Obi is 6 inches and the belt is 2", makes it 2" on either side of the belt, I will modify this if I need to.

Thanks for the input!

The Obi is 6 inches and the belt is 2", makes it 2" on either side of the belt, I will modify this if I need to.

That is fine then. It was just hard to tell from the first picture since the belt was sitting so low on the obi. As a little FYI, I added a snap to the middle of my obi and on the back of the belt so I can snap it in place. That way my belt always sits in the middle of the obi and doesn't slide down. 

Cheers,

Nef