• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

UK Mara Jade- Question!

emily0410

Hi everyone,

I'm a member of the RL and want to work on a Mara Jade for 501st approval to go with my boyfriend who is working on Thrawn.

I have one main question (so far!) is a lightsaber required for clearance or can I just have a blaster? My costumes with the RL are jedi so it would be nice to have some different poses for a change!

Hi and welcome

The weapons are optional accessories and not necessary for approval, so yes you can choose to have the blaster instead of a lightsaber ;)

Looking forward to follow your build

Cheers

That's great thanks! Had I have known I probably would have done this costume ages ago!

I had a question about the goggles. What styles are most appropriate? I've looked online and a lot of the motorcycle style ones have a silver strip thing across the front :/

Hi and welcome

The weapons are optional accessories and not necessary for approval, so yes you can choose to have the blaster instead of a lightsaber ;)

Looking forward to follow your build

Cheers

That's great thanks! Had I have known I probably would have done this costume ages ago!

I had a question about the goggles. What styles are most appropriate? I've looked online and a lot of the motorcycle style ones have a silver strip thing across the front :/

;)

Well, we have to get one of the other costume mentors in here to answer that, since I´m not so familiar with this costume.

sorry to Jump in but if i am correct you said you are from the UK? If so the UKG does not follow the regular 501st Requirenments and optional

You will need Mara jades Light saber .. to clear with the UKG

Can This be done?

I mean, if the 501st CRL states that the weapons are optional, then they should be optional in any garrison.

Am I wrong?

F