• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Red/Black Sith Robe - Garrison Argentina

gonzaskywalker

Hello everyone! My name is Gonza, IC25469 of the "Garrison Argentina". From this post, I want to show my progress in creating my costume Concept Starkiller Sith Robe. I start this project a year ago and And I set my aim approve this costume, this month.

I have things to change, as the details of Double Sash, the subsequent engagement of the belt and add shoulder strap. I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

IMG_20150608_011836.jpg

IMG_20150608_011920.jpg

IMG_20150608_012131.jpg

IMG_20150608_021357.jpg

Thank you for the heads up Gonza,

I wanted to respond before I head out on my road trip. (I am following an employment lead out of state.)

I always recommend folk include Research images and source information with their 501st builds. Here is what I have;
Apprentice_Sith_Robes_cd1.jpg

Apprentice_Sith_Robes_cd2.jpg
TFU: Apprentice Sith Robes Concept Design

Property of LucasArts. ©2009 Lucasfilm Ltd. ® and ™[/size]

Your soft goods look to be coming along nicely. The amour by contrast looks flat and lacks dimension. I would approach this components as sculpture and cast in fibreglass myself
You may be able to get more dimension and form with the combination of manipulation with a heat gun and adding depth with more layers of material.

Thank you for sharing your WIP.
Be well, Thomas