• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Is this just me or have you seen this

Guest anton the swede

Guest anton the swede

In my eyes that is a full helmet or do I need to see the eye doctor.?

1zdohx.jpg

In my head I had a hard time just beliving that they had just a faceplate, like revan (Yes wookieepedia says diffrent I know)

lets see what you guys think.

discuss. :darkside:

Honestly can't say for sure, even after zooming it. But there seems to be a difference in color/tone where the mask area and where the skin/head would be, which tells me it's a mask (but someone can argue it's actually the helmet design so yeah still can't be sure)

IYT3j6r.png

Guest anton the swede
Honestly can't say for sure, even after zooming it. But there seems to be a difference in color/tone where the mask area and where the skin/head would be, which tells me it's a mask (but someone can argue it's actually the helmet design so yeah still can't be sure)

IYT3j6r.png

Exactly that is why i wanted to disscus this as I am not sure myself . and this might raise coming qestions for upcoming members aswel

If I make a Full helmet will this inflect the aproval progress? etc etc :saber:

I would say that you should check with your GML before you go forward with full helmet idea.

Personally I don't see a problem with it due to the following reasons.

1 - The CRL is still listed as WIP. I'd say that opens for some leeway.

2 - Mask is a somewhat ambiguous term and the CRL reads:

A back piece may be employed and must align with the front piece.

I'd say that, in it self, would give you the option of doing a full mask/helmet.

3 - Concerning the hood the CRL states:

Large hood which must cover head and drape on the shoulders, with no visible seams.

Meaning that technically you could have a Hello Kitty back to your mask because it shouldn't be visible anyway.

Considering that a mask/helmet that would sit so snuggly on your face I'm sure you would want to keep the back open because of the heat. Only time and experience will tell though.

If you really want a full head mask/helmet I'd suggest you make it two-piece (as per #1 above) so you could decide to go without the back on warmer days or when the event is formal and the hood should be up all times (as per #3 above).