• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Krayt Re-Born

Tags

Well after she looked though my legacy comic my wife infected me with the idea of Darth Krayt re-born... Not sure if I will keep as simply a personal costume or submit to the 501st, too early to decide that.

Already have a the ball rolling on the saber, next step is to start figuring the armor out. At the moment I like the idea of leather but who knows.

Breaking the costume down into different parts... Starting with the the pants and skit looking thing. When he sits you can clearly see pants and a loin cloth thing but when he stands he appears to be wearing a skirt. Not sure about the color... The pants and skirt look like they might be brown, or they could be black and the brown is just an effect of lighting.

Talon_and_Nihl_defending_Krayt.jpg

Got some leads on the armor... Hopefully I can make some progress in that direction soon. Later this Month I will make some time to get out and work on the bracers.

An armorer came back with the following... Assuming the armor as seen in the comic would not stand up to a real world construction, how much wiggle room is there in a situation like this?

"On 02/12/14, Battle Ready Ltd wrote:

Dear Shawn

Thank you for your email.

We understand that the attendees to 501st events wear costume that is

a close replica to that worn on screen. Having taken a good look at

the images from comics that you've sent, it wouldn't be possible to

create armour that is identical to that pictured. As it's a fantasy

image, the construction wouldn't stand in real life. We would have to

make large adjustments for wearability and body shape, so it would be

our artistic interpretation instead.

If you're still interested, send us your height, chest and abdomen

measurements and we can provide a quote.

Kind regards

Damon Abba

Head Leatherworker

Battle Ready Ltd

orders@battle-ready.com

http://www.battle-ready.com"

Found an armorer! So in a week or two I will finalize the order and have my Darth Krayt armor made, once that is done, the rest of the costume will be easy... Saber is taken care of, and I already have my "Hett" sabers.

Looks like you have some good leg-work in already! I think the color of the pants is a tough call, but the best I can point out is comparing it to Talon who we know is wearing all black, at which point I would suggest that it's all shades of dark brown, maybe even the boots. I am very eager to see your progress on this! :D

Looks like you have some good leg-work in already! I think the color of the pants is a tough call, but the best I can point out is comparing it to Talon who we know is wearing all black, at which point I would suggest that it's all shades of dark brown, maybe even the boots. I am very eager to see your progress on this! :D

It's starting to come together, luckily the armorer can take on the project, as to color...

Comparing the bracers, knees, and what we can see of the boots, to Talon's bra, the shading looks similar... So I'm thinking those parts are black. The pants, skirt, loin cloth, arm wraps are shaded differently so I do believe they are a brown, not as dark as the A'Sharad pants but some kind of brown.