• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lumiya Official or not

Guest Dark Flower

Guest Dark Flower

All,

I have been keen for about a year now to do a "Lumiya" but it is still not clear if she is accepted yet, nor is there a proper list yet on costume requirements on the 501st site. It is really becoming annoying.

If I am mistaken and it is now OFFICIAL approved, could someone please direct me to both the page were it says it is and the official requirements. I would like to start working on this soon.

Thank guys you are all amazing.

Yes. Lumiya is approved for Legion membership.

sl10010_full.jpg

DS 10010

I personally find it incredibly annoying that folk believe that a Costume Reference Library entry is required for 501st approval. That is a failure of terminology and understanding. Though it clearly reads Costume Reference Library, members still believe CRL stands for costume requirement list. It does not.

Be well,

Thomas

• Like 1

As far as Official requirements go PLEASE IGNORE ALL CRL entries.

You are to research the character yourself and make your costume match the reference. Do not seek to match an approved costume.

In theory, by virtue of research and labour, your costume should match other approved costumes, and photos someone took as an example of the collaborative understanding of a given costume. You might be asked to revise your costume when you think you are done. It is a process, a labour of love.

You may find great help here, perhaps the best collection of references and costume tips for the subject on the net. But I do not think you will find a step by step break down of the process. Not yet.

183109_10150154201619623_3008697_n.jpg

If you personally would like to volunteer to write one, and help collect the requisite image of member-made costume images, I will volunteer my own tyme to process the images and format the text for a CRL entry.

Be well,

Thomas

I want to see you make that! Thats an awesome costume!!

To literally parrot what Mr. Thomas said its ...

"reference first and always, the CRL is secondary"

If there is No CRL standards and there is a full good front and back and it is for sure a character (canon: not a non-canon variant) in the Starwars Universe than there is no reason that is shouldn't be good for submission to either the 501st or the Rebel Legion.

I get this question a lot from many many many Rebels. They "want" a CRL. I tell them to write one! ^.^ There are hundreds if not thousands of costumes in the Starwars Universe that have yet to be made. Personally for me I have a great time finding and thus making "Legion 1sts" basically "costumes that do not have a CRL and have Never been made" (I personally find it a thrilling challenge) I have made them for both the Rebel Legion and the 501st now :) So take it from me, even if it hasn't been done, that shouldn't stop you! But before hand definitely find out if the costume is eligible for submission! (in very rare occasions a costume is not) ^.-

Also 100% agree, ignore the CRL. In some cases you'll actually do a better job than the CRL states and you MIGHT find a mistake or two and can aide in changing said mistake! ^.- I myself found mistakes between two of the costumes I made.

If you want to see how I went about doing a Legion 1st (or a costume with no CRL). Heres my newest Legion 1st WIP. I ALWAYS recommend a WIP (no matter what, but a WIP is extra important for a little/never/rarely made costume)

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53509

I hope this helps you (or anyone who reads it) Just take a lot of time to research and youll be alright! ^.^

But before hand definitely find out if the costume is eligible for submission! (in very rare occasions a costume is not) ^.-

how do you go about doing that?

I have a friend that will be crafting a Darth Zannah costume and she very much wants to be able to submit it for 501st approval.

thanks

I think I needed to read this tonight....I've been fretting because there's not really an "official" guide for Lumiya, and without her being well-known to the masses, there's not a lot of media out there to base references off of; i.e., photos, still-frames, etc., so as much as I don't want things to be "left up to interpretation" on something that needs to be this exact, it's good to know that as long as my research is sound, and I can back up my choices, that I should be able to breathe a little easier.  That being said, I would absolutely love to have any sort of feedback or what not once I do start putting her together, just so that I ensure that my ideas are not too far off the mark, so to speak.

Yes, this costume can still be made and will be still accepted into the 501st, even though the CRL is empty.

Just to be clear, the RULES, have changed since this post was started back in 2014.

No "NEW" costumes will be accepted into the 501st, without a completed CRL to go with it.

All "existing" costumes that have already been accepted into the 501st (meaning they show up on the list in the CRL), will still be accepted, even if the CRL is empty.

If you are going to make this costume, we would love to get Pics, so we can finish the CRL for this costume, to better help the next person wishing to make this costume in the future.

I have sent an email to this person, seeing if she would be interested in joining this detachment once again, and if she would be interested in sharing photos and descriptions of her costume, so it may be of some help to you in your journey to make this costume, and also so we might finally get this CRL completed.

I will post any info I get, so it may be of help to your build.

Edited by Yankee71

I am in contact with this member, she is currently moving, but as soon as she gets a chance she will be joining this detachment again, and then may also be able to provide pictures and descriptions for her costume.

So have to wait and see for right now, but it could be that I can get you some reference materials and descriptions in the near future for this costume, and also that maybe we can finally finish the CRL for this costume.

• Like 1

I've been in touch with my 501st people and they've been really helpful, as have you guys. I've gathered a ton of reference photos from the comics as well as the various write up's about Lumiya herself, including about her lightwhip which I'm really excited to create. When I'm not in the middle of moving and getting my new job settled, I'll write up all that I found to see how it lines up with those that have actually completed her costume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk