• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Synkros a'sharad hett build

synkro

Greetings from oz. This one has been in the works for a while now and is coming close to completion so thought I'd show off a bit off the progress . The only reference I've been working off for this character is the completed one in the 501st reference library! Lol reference pic below:

null_zps92154605.png

The Jedi style tabard (standing collar) and pants. My cousin did most of the sewing and did a fantastic job. Gave these two items a couple of washes , ripped the tabard up and threw them on the ground outside in the sun for a few days for fading.

photo1.jpg

photo31.jpg

Here are the robes and neck seal as new:

null_zps15f0229c.png

Then dyed (thanks glen for the help)

null_zps33caad11.jpg

And weathered:

eeb16ac6-18ce-4976-aec2-7a6ac0fc77b5.jpg

745739f0-4b04-40f3-8237-f5065aa8acef.jpg

Found some great brown leather gloves online but they were gauntlet so had to unpick and hem them shorter. Dragged my knuckles up the brick wall a few times for weathering:

photo2.jpg

The boots I found at target. Zip up knee highs. Women's size 10s lol. Had to wrap them twice. First time I wrapped to tight and could get my foot in :)/>/>/>/> and here weathered:

null_zpsff3e37b1.jpg

Big thanks to stretch for the face plate and bits and pieces. Riveted to a cricket helmet. Red lens's from a cheap pair of red sunnies dremelled down to fit the eyestalks. The hair was a Cheap wig braided by liz attached to the back. It was a little on the orange side so gave it a darker brown colouring. Added Second layer of dyed wraps and weathered:

null_zps61e280c2.jpg

null_zps8e9c6e97.jpg

null_zps0f9fefca.jpg

Arm wraps:

null_zps0181b2d8.jpg

Tackled one of the lightsabers a little differently. Here's the start.... PVC pipe for the hilt and with some measurements and design 3D printed the top part and pommel. This isn't the actual LS I want and they're not needed for approval but a good stand in prop until money permits. Will post more progress soon.

null_zps4158ccbe.jpg

Very nice Respirator by a friend. Jedi belt and food capsules were an ebay find. And here's the costume to date. All I need is the four belt pouches and a few extra weathering touches :)/>/>

photo24.jpg

While I don't know much about this character, I can say that is an excellent build so far! Glad to see someone tackling one of the more obscure 501st characters. Looking forward to seeing this completed.

Cheers,

Nef