• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Scheming...

Femakin

... because it's an appropriately Traya-like thing to do. You all know it. ;)

Anyway! I'm plotting out the beginning stages of my Darth Traya build (which will be a go.... when I finish my Elf costume and acquire the fabric around, y'know, papers and exams and other such academic nonsense ;) ). And like any n00b who wants to do a good job, I got questions!

- The wimple. Can anyone show me a picture of what it looks like under the wig/headdress? Or is it connected to the headdress itself? (The reference pictures don't make that entirely clear, as far as I can tell.) Does anyone have tips as to how to make one, or where to acquire one?

- Related- Anyone who can give guidance as to how to make the headpiece gets my cyberlove forever. ^.^ (by that I mean a pattern or something of the sort)

- The outer robe/dress/thing. Anyone have a pattern or guidelines as to how to make that correctly? I'm guessing I can just find a black turtleneck or something to use for the inner robe.

- Anyone have any tips for the belt, most notably the two little silvery things and fastening it in the back? I was thinking just using Velcro for the back once I actually acquire the leather for said belt.

- Any tips for a (cheap) silver wig, or would it be worth it to try a temporary colour on my hair? I've got long brown-dyed-red hair right now that's a pain to try and hide under a wig, and I'm on a student budget. XD (the lightsabre's gonna be a while...)

I have black boots I'm using for my Jedi that I can probably re-purpose for Traya. As well, I have an old pleather jacket that I'm planning on cutting up to use for the headpiece. It shouldn't be tooo much of a problem for 501st acceptance if I'm too much of a chicken to put things like lenses in my eyes, right?....

Any other tips from you other Traya costumers would be much 'ppreciated. ^.^