• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

G'day From Australia

M.J

Hello ...or should I say G'day I'm known as MJ

I will be working on Darth Traya

I'm attending a star wars ball next month ..Money is tight so I thought killing two birds with one stone.

And I have been told by my husband no more costumes so its a good excuse.

When I was up in Queensland I trooped with a Darth Traya (lovely lass) and found her to be memorising, loved the costume.

So here I am, looking down the barrell of making another project.

Me...I'm a mother of 3, 2 are in the 501st the third loves Anime and next year will enter the Legion , I know how to use a sewing machine but thats it, I fluke it half the time, there at times I'm amazed i've made it. If I haven't unpicked more than twice then I havent done it right. I've just started to work with Fur, I wouldn't recommend it, the stuff gets everywhere!!! we are still finding it in cups and computer screens even weeks after I used it.

My costumes 501st Jawa, Boushh, Scout..... Other Costumes Hobbit, Ewok, Alien Marine Drop Pilot xwing pilot, and Bariss offee umm those are just mine :oops: We have no room in the house :shock:

....Oh and I do tend get confused quite easily. I can't spell to save my life so bare with me. So please don't get angry as I tend to ask alot of Questions

oh crap that was too long...was that long? :D

I might as well get the ball rolling.

Can the Robe have a seam down the middle of the skirt?.....ive been looking at patterns

Sorry to see that no ones replied to this!

Hello and welcome to you!

I understand your "cant build anymore costumes" my husbands at that point with me! :D

As to your question, Id assume youd be ok, providing you cant see the seam to much. def want to ask a higherup than me, but your probably ok?

Hello Amidala,

thank you for replying, Since making the post I have finished my Darth Traya with the wonderful help from Kitiara. And she was approved this week.

This weekend was my first troop..I do have a few things twiks I need to fix up ..hood was driving me nuts, kept falling off.

ba39d1b3-f145-430f-bb3d-5fa0090b3eb2_zps4ad6ad27.jpg

Congratulations on your approval! Your costume is certainly excellent and it is great to have another member amoung our ranks.

For your hood falling down, I solve this problem by wearing a fabric head band with a piece of velcro at the top and then add velcro to the underside of the hood. Helps keep it up and is still comfy. Hope that helps, and look forward to seeing many more trooping photos from you in the future!

Cheers,

Nef

Always headin over there, my partner will be there for three months.

She just decided she wants to do Darth Traya.... but with her gone for three months to Melbourne, I wont be able to assist her much.