• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Imperial Purge Trooper WIP

Guest the dark knight

Guest the dark knight

Hello!

I have decided to start a new project, the Imperial Purge Trooper from The Force Unleashed. For those of you that have played the game, you remember the nightmare these guys gave you.

First a little background on the character

Standing at almost 9 ft tall, the Purge Trooper was designed to hunt and kill force users. They utilize an energy blade on their left arm, and also has a personal shield to block attacks. Their armor is made from Duranium armor enhanced with refined cortosis which reduced the damage dealt by lightsaber attacks. The Purge Trooper also has magnetic boots to prevent being force gripped or force pushed. There is also a medium range rocket launcher on the right shoulder to give the Purge Trooper ranged attacks.

Purge_trooper_zpsb85b1757.jpg

Now to the project,

I started off trying to sculpt the helmet by hand. Well, needless to say, that failed miserably. I had managed to get my hands on the original game files for the Purge Trooper, and isolated the helmet from the rest of the model.

purgetroopermodel_zpsffb7d164.jpg

From there I uploaded the helmet into Pepakura Designer and unfolded the helmet, printed, glued, ect.

Here is where the project currently stands-

003_zpsceaed856.jpg

004_zps7bf79995.jpg

006_zps2661104e.jpg

005_zps392afe4c.jpg

Next step is to fiberglass the helmet and start the bondo work. I will sculpt the details like the vocoder separate and add them later.

Good evening and thank you for sharing your build,

I might suggest posting your build over on the 501st’s Special Ops Detachment; http://www.501stspecopsdet.net/‎

As the 501st Legion’s Detachment dedicated to Expanded Universe Troopers, they would be the unit to help sponsor the approval of this character in our ranks.

Be well,

Thomas

I am also interested to the back view of this unit. I believe Manny Llammas was the model maker for this piece.

About pepakura. Don't be afraid to go off pattern. Where your have tubes, use tubes. Where there are disks, insert disks. It will save you tyme and look better in the final model.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest the dark knight

Thanks Thomas. I have no idea why I spaced and forgot about the Spec Ops page. I will post it there.