• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Build Intentions.

Guest DZ-90484

Guest DZ-90484

I plan to do a Savage Opress, but I've got a few questions that somebody can hopefully help identify.

I'd like to actually build the armor he wears as something akin to armor, most likely with sealed foam or worbla, but I'm uncertain. I can tell that two other Savage Opress costumes I've seen used hardened leather instead of any 'armor' elements; is leather the standard? It's rather difficult to ascertain what a material in Clone Wars is intended to be, they all seem to have similar consistencies.

I'm hoping against leather, but am definitely wanting guidance in that regard.

I also have a similar question on fabric - the sash from his belt, I imagine is embroidered cloth? It seems obvious, but I worry it's meant to be more hardened than that.

I'd hate to take action and then have to start over, so I thought I'd get these key clothing materials clarified before I start anything.

Guest Cybermew3

Although this thread is old, I'd rather post in here than to start a new topic at this stage.

Essentially wondering the same thing as the OP. With a Maul ready on hand in our Garrison, I'd like to complete this costume as well as a Maul (of which I have everything bar the last of the soft part). Completing both means I can choose between the two, particularly if the Maul already in the Garrison is attending a major event.

I was also thinking EVA or Worbla shoulders, torso, biceps, and bracers to sit over the top of the 'robe' part. Wondering what others thoughts are, particularly those in DC.

I too am working on a Savage Oppress. I have high quality mask, soft parts (obi / trapatabbard - under tunic / skirt vest, boots, nails. working on shin guards , and armor now and have same questions about leather vs. plastic etc. does anyone else have info and/or casts?