• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte info

Guest FuSoYa

Guest FuSoYa

Hey all,

I'm new to costuming and have been kicking around the idea of piecing together a Sith Acolyte costume for about a year now and finally decided to go all in and do it. In my research for certain items, I have found a couple of sources that I have yet to see in costuming forums. So, I am posting them here in the hope that more folks take advantage of their talents. Also, I will start posting pics of the costume, as I get it together.

For Sith Acolyte robes: http://mystikmerchant.com/

(They don't have any pics of the acolyte robe listed as of yet. Per my email correspondence with them: "Yes, we have made this design for another client, but minus the maroon sleeve borders. In your reference image, they look to be painted on, but it's best to sew some on instead.

We have only the black twill available, not faux suede fabric, which is too clingy and lightweight to hang well. Oddly, it costs more than twill!

It uses the same amount of fabric, so the price is the same as a regular Sith robe.

We will need the arm measurements to be from lower elbow to lower elbow (about 1 inch past the elbow point), arms down. Better to have too much than too little!

It's more form hugging, so it won't flare out like our regular robes, and the hoods are smaller.

If this sounds like a plan, just place an order for a regular Sith robe and in Paypal's "Notes to seller" box, mention that you want the Sith Acolyte style. We'll confirm the order.

As this looks like it might become a popular style, we'll have to get some pictures!

Cheers-- Mystik & the gang)

For a lightsaber: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Holocron

(The shop owner is called Jedi Master. He did not have an acolyte saber listed at the time, but after asking him about one, he did say that he made them and then was able to provide pics.)

I have ordered these items from both vendors and they are currently on the way. Again, pics to be posted later. Of course, I will need to add striping to the robes, but no biggie. I have purchased another robe style from them before and have been totally satisfied.

I wanted to add this post to get more options out there for the Sith Acolyte costume.

FuSoYa