• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Change of Leadership

Twi'lek Pam

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let the general membership of the detachment know that I am stepping down as detachment leader. For a while now I've been having some health problems, and my doctor keeps lecturing me that I need to make some pretty big lifestyle changes if I want to get better. He seems to think that the first steps must include reducing stress and spending less time sitting at my computer. Considering that I've been on medication for several months now without seeing the improvement that I really need to see, maybe he actually knows what he's talking about! To that end, I have requested a mid-year election to select a new detachment leader. The nominations are concluded and we are currently in the Q and A phase, which is being held on the 501st Legion forum. We will be moving into the voting period soon, and then we'll let everyone know who the new DL will be. I wish them the best of luck, whoever it turns out to be.

Thank you, everyone, for being a part of a truly wonderful group. I'll still be around from time to time after stepping down, I'll just (hopefully) be more relaxed and a bit healthier!

Thanks,

Pam :-)

You take care of yourself. We all want you healthy and making costumes! Not to mention, my wife and I might kidnap you and your husband for dinner or something at C-VII.

Good Luck Pam! I have read a lot and seen how much you contribute. Your costumes and advice are wonderful! But obviously you have to take care of you first! :)

You need to take care of yourself Pam - the detachment aint going any where and we will all be here for you :wink:

I personally just want to thank you very much for your advices and help, you´re truly an inspiration :D

I hope that your decision will give you some peace to recover - I´m sure it will :wink:

Hugs