• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte Costume Standards

Twi'lek Pam

I do have a question regarding the following requirement:

"A back piece may be employed and must align with the front piece."

I started offering a back cap with the Imperial logo with my version 3 masks, which some people really liked as an option to having nothing on the back (for when having the hood down is desired). I'm now on my Version 4 mask, and though I no longer offer the old back piece, I still get a lot of inquiries about it.

The reason I no longer offer the back cap is because I am reading the above CRL clause to mean that the back piece must join with the front to complete it to an enclosed-ish helmet. Am I correct in assuming that because my back piece is only a cap, it is in itself inadmissible? I have not seen any screen material that addresses the back portion of the helmet, so I am curious as to how this requirement came into being.

Either way, whether my back piece meets the requirement or not is irrelevant to me (and my ego :) ) personally, since it was of my own design, having no basis at all in reference material. I would simply like some clarification so that I can better answer questions from those members of the community who would like one of my back caps with their mask for their 501st SA builds.

Guest jwinnington

My sith is about a month away from being finished. I may post pics here before I put in for approval. I have been working on this costume for 3 years now and im getting anxious to finally finish.

On the CRL, There is no shoulder bells and no biceps. This cant be proven either way though. From playing the game I believe there is shoulder armor but not bells. The back armor can only be guessed and there is definitely a vest that is worn over the suit but under the chest armor

TOR-Sith-Acolyte1_zps5925c4a9.jpg

You can see it right below the neck seal with a seem down the center. on mine, I'm finding it hard to keep everything straight as I move around.

The armor is almost black, not silver. Like a gun metal look to it. but the calf and gaunts have a silvery look to them.

Sith_Acolyte_Full_length_large_zps4fa855d2.jpg

The boots are U.S. military black jungle boots. You can see from the souls on this pic. Even though its a Jedi. Its all similar.

TOR-Sith-06_zps0bd53e2f.jpg

You also can see in this pic that there is armor on his back but who knows what it actually looks like. Unless anyone has a better pic.

besides resin what would a good strong material be to use to create the armor I have heard of a "foam" like substance that when heated and formed hardens to be plastic like. What is the material called and is it a 501st aproved substance?

16 hours ago, segadragon said:

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of this armor? I would like to build this as my first build.

Mynock's Den is going to be releasing an ABS set of the armor here soon. You can keep an eye out for the start of orders on his FB page here:

http://facebook.com/mynocksden

• Like 1

I am 3D printing all the parts, but to make the cloak, is there a pattern that is a "standard" or is it a cloak from another outfit, and if so, is there a pattern I can get to make it?

Also, what type of material should I use?

264937547_218074780510870_4242393594364376047_n.jpg

Edited by mpression

On 1/4/2022 at 3:29 PM, mpression said:

I am 3D printing all the parts, but to make the cloak, is there a pattern that is a "standard" or is it a cloak from another outfit, and if so, is there a pattern I can get to make it?

Also, what type of material should I use?

I used black waffle weave fabric.  My mom used the patterns here are a starting point.  I believe she made the hood larger though.  And we definitely had some trial and error with the hood attachment. 

https://thejediassembly.com/tutorials.php?id=sh5