• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

West Australian Visas Marr (WIP)

Guest Tempus_ghost

Guest Tempus_ghost

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adele and I am from Perth Western Australia.

I am currently in the works of putting together a Visas Marr costume for both RL and 501st approval. I currently have the patterns and red material I need, however I am having trouble sourcing Pleather in perth (I am sure I will find something somewhere).

I am currently working on the veil. I have made a test veil to get it to work, I am happy with front of the veil however I just can get the back to sit the way I want it to.

Has anyone got any pointers in how I can do this? I have been looking over other people's build threads to see how they did it but I am still not having much luck. I will be giving twi'lek Pam's method a ago shortly to see how that goes.

From what I have seen from the 501st CRL the veil there has 3 seam line on it making it look like it was made with 4 sections of fabric. I am hoping that I can possibly figure that out too.

Any pointers would be great!

Guest Aysel

I'm assuming your doing the KOTOR version ^_^ putting seams is is the only way to get the fabric to lay right for that version of the veil, darn those animators that think fabric will just magically bend ^_^ As for pleather, try a search online for it, I get mine from my local fabric store since they carry a pleather that is perfect for this dress. There is also the option of making the dress of our a lightweight garment leather, also called napa. Both cost relatively the same.

^_^

Guest Tempus_ghost

I am actually doing the Comic version. I like the sleeves a lot better then the KOTOR II version.

I have looked in 6 different fabric stores for pleather and only found one that I may be able up use. I cannot remember how flexible it is.

image.jpg

The camera has added some glare though for some reason.

Below is also my first attempt at the veil. It is sitting similar to what I would like it too. I have has to make the section that covers the eyes longer. Only issue I am having now is that the fabric I have is thicker then the test fabric and doesn't drape as well. I will have to try and have it at a 4 panels of fabric so that it hangs better

image-1.jpg

Guest Aysel

Since your doing the comic version you want the folds that the full half-circle of fabric will provide, you can take out a little but not that much. Also adding weights to the hem of the veil will help it to stay down. The pleather you've found looks pretty good, and if you don't like the sheen of it you can always go over it with spray vinyl paint in matte black when your done painting your pinwheels ^_^ it's what I did with mine and Pam did with her's.

^_^