• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Dennis Rexus Prime Starkiller build

Devander

Yo gang!

So I am of starting new projects after my recently finished TK

And since I love the Force Unleashed game (the first of them, not the second) I am going to make Starkiller Heavy Training Gear outfit... also known as the Rexus Prime Outfit

I really think this is a bad as costume ^^

I have already a Lightsaber made from Janne in Finland and I will revive it now during the Model Expo this weekend :D

This is the saber that he made exclusively for me ^^

I need help choosing the fabrics for this costume though...

150px-SL_starkiller_raxus_neckwraps.jpg

and this

150px-SL_starkiller_shirt.jpg

andd the other stuff you can see at the CRL

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... vytraining

Guest Slave Leia

I think it's nice you chose that costume! The boots look great, gloves too :) The fabric is for what part? I don't know about the fabric but the color looks correct :)

Keep up the good work!

Good fabric choices! I am such a fan of Linen for anything Starwars related.

This costume is on my top 5 favs.

If I wasnt a chick I would have it on my to do list!!) :)

Visually the course materials you posted look spot on. The outfit after all is makeshift armor. One must use a dense course and thick fabric to create that mass that is needed for this build.

The costume reminds me of what the men would do on the battlefields in the renaissance and earlier. Armor was expensive. You use what you have to defend yourself. The thicker the better!! All of Starkillers costumes make a lot of sense when broken down into their parts. This one specifically. Starkiller only had the resources around him. He was afforded none of the luxuries a formal apprentice would get so he had to get creative when he headed out on that mission.

I am a hardcore FU1 fan as well.... i cant not love the dark apprentice robes from 2.

I hope they just make a 3 and do it justic and redeem FU2....

Good fabric choices! I am such a fan of Linen for anything Starwars related.

This costume is on my top 5 favs.

If I wasnt a chick I would have it on my to do list!!) :)

Visually the course materials you posted look spot on. The outfit after all is makeshift armor. One must use a dense course and thick fabric to create that mass that is needed for this build.

The costume reminds me of what the men would do on the battlefields in the renaissance and earlier. Armor was expensive. You use what you have to defend yourself. The thicker the better!! All of Starkillers costumes make a lot of sense when broken down into their parts. This one specifically. Starkiller only had the resources around him. He was afforded none of the luxuries a formal apprentice would get so he had to get creative when he headed out on that mission.

I am a hardcore FU1 fan as well.... i cant not love the dark apprentice robes from 2.

I hope they just make a 3 and do it justic and redeem FU2....

Thank you for your comment :) then I know that its ok to buy those fabrics ;) how many meters you think is required for this costume... a lot I guess because its gonna be double layer on all the tan fabrics :P

I wish I knew more about this costume. If I was going to build it heres what I would personally buy

Shirt and Pants: 5 Yards of Brown Cotton/Linen (something thick but not insanly thick and not itchy)

Armor: 5 yards of Tan Linen/Cotton (something thick but not insanly thick and not itchy)

Belts: 6 Square feet of leather (a 3 by 2 ft piece) Appears as though he is using Pleather?

4400036594_c7812308c7_b.jpg

1XX_example.jpg

I know thats to much. But I always over compensate by 25% or more.

The belts really aren't that difficult, once you figure out which one is which. I have mine numbered on the inside so I remember which order they go on in. 1 at the top, 6 is the widest one at the bottom. 4 and 5 are actually connected on the left side, to get the overlap right. Just scale your belts correctly (1.5", 2", 3") and get the right size of side release buckle for each. The metal bits are easy to make out of sheet metal (cut with a dremel). Then there are a D-ring, another belt clip, and 4 covertec clips, plus the straps hanging from some of the belts.