• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Review Revan costume

Guest Blackwave

Guest Blackwave

Hello everyone

I've got an application for a Darth Revan costume and I would like to get your opinion on it, as I'm not really familiar with this one. A quick review would be welcome.

Thanks a lot.

I like the different look that you bring. However, we have to go with the canon look.

But there are a few things missing here.

1. Your shirt needs to be a mock turtleneck or mandarin collar shirt.

2. A bead line needs to go across the shirt just above the top of the armor.

3. The cowl needs to be wrapped around the arms showing the horizontal pleating. The cowl is what gets attached to the hooks on the armor.

4. The armor bridge will need to have horizontal ribbing going across the full length. I don't know what the black cloth is underneath that portion but it will have to go.

5. I don't know if you have the back armor but as I can only see the front I will just say that I I only see 5 rings probably because your arm is in the way. But the rings need to hang just under the bottom of the armor.

6. In the first picture your black belt on the big O ring (BOR)sits just right. In the second picture it seems to hang a lot looser.

7. The shoulder pads underneath the cape on your arms I assume you were going to use as part of the cowl. Those have got to go.

8. The lightsaber. Sorry that has to go to. You don't have to submit a lightsaber as it is optional but for submission I would leave it off.

9. The red sash also needs to be even with the bottom of the hakama.

I would fix those things before submitting for approval. As I said I like the different take on the Revan but we have to go with what is canon.

Please see the CRL and the image gallery for comparison:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_revan

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=27

To me, this Revan looks based off the concept designs they were going to use for The Clone Wars cartoon. Which as far as I know is not an accepted Revan for 501st standards.

I can see how you might make that comparison. The colors perhaps jump out at me a little to make that reference.

However, I think that with some tweaks (nothing terribly drastic) this could be turned into a very nice approved Revan.

l like the detail of the armour but i agree this Revan is not canon

also the clasps at the top will need to be replaced

to something like this

live4337_882248_10151332310311497_402141721_o.jpg

also the mask looks more like the mask used in SWTOR and not the KOTOR mask

another thing i can see is that his under shirt has a pattern texture like breathing holes

needs to be black solid no texture

I have to say that even though this costume doesn't truly match the reference images... it still reminds me of a work of art! It really is beautiful.

Pam :-)

yes indeed its beautiful :) and sorry i said his i didn't know it was a woman

for that i have to say she has done an amazing job at her Revan costume. to bad its not canon :(