• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Talon in Sweden DONE and APPROVED :D

Guest Slave Leia

Guest Slave Leia

Hello everyone!

My name is Alexandra and I live in Helsingborg, Sweden. I've always loved Star Wars and films, and like to dress up as different characters. I've wanted a Slave Leia since I was 14 years old - and now I have my own Slave Leia outfit! A couple of months ago it got approved for Rebel Legion and I go to every convention and event that I have the time and money for.

My family have a toy museum called Toy World Sweden, not a traditional toy museum but an amazing experience attraction with lots of toys (ex. Star Wars, Playmobil, Smurfs, Disney, Barbie, James Bond, Tintin). I've worked there since we opened in 1999. There I've dressed up a lot as characters we have in the exhibition, such as Barbie. Now the museum are moving to Helsingborg (from Stockholm), so I'll tag along... Right now I'm bort studying and working.

If you want to know more about me, feel free to ask

So the time has now come for me to go bad ass ^^

Since I've already got like the most awesome outfit you could possible get as a good guy I thought I also should get one as a bad guy (girl).

What can be more sexy then a rebel princess in a slave dress, then a crule, but sexy dark lord of the sith - Darth Talon!

I've already started to plan this costume, done some research where to find the parts I need and prices etc...

So far I've ordered the lekkus and they'll arrive sometime in June, but if I'm lucky maybe a bit earlier :D

A guy will make my Talon armor in 501st code, and I decided to order the armor right away ^^ I don't have any pictures of them yet but as soon as there's anything to show off, I will :D

A couple of days ago I got so excited that I ordered my Talon saber :D The blade is called Makoto and it's very bright (if not one of the brightest fx blades out there)

So now I just have to be patient and wait for the Lekku, Armor and Lightsaber to be done and arrive...

Since I can't wait to start this project I did a little test makeup, let me know what you guys think?

2iixu90.jpg

2hxlfz7.jpg

i1w64p.jpg

I'd like to know what paint is the best to use?

The lenses I plan on buying are these, do you think they are Talon :) ?

1zb3y8y.jpg

Also I have some questions:

- The "necklace" Talon has on some photos, can I have it or is it not approved for 501st?

- The colour of the armor does it have to be black or is dark metallic grey/silver okay for 501st approval?

- The cape, can it be 501st approved or is it not accurate for Talon to use one?

Thanks a lot!

/Alexandra - Slave Leia

I am no expert on the costume to be sure, but I have seen the submissions and comments for a few, so here's a couple of things that get brought up during that process.

Sturdiness of the armor pieces.

Making sure the tattoo designs you use are as accurate as possible (some appear to be more important than others).

Smooth blending of the headpiece.

Ask around, do some reading, there are some really great costumers here to help you. If you come to a point where you need an extra hand doing some research, just ask and I or others can certainly do some digging.

I'll leave your questions for someone better suited to responding.

Lastly, kudos to you for being brave enough to put on this costume, nothing but respect!

Hello Alexandra.

Nice face makeup!

I want see your chest tatto, I fear it is too low. if it gives you trouble post it in public you can send it to me via PM or email.

Your questions:

- The "necklace" Talon has on some photos, can I have it or is it not approved for 501st? No can use any necklace for legion501st

- The colour of the armor does it have to be black or is dark metallic grey/silver okay for 501st approval? Yeah, is "gunmetal" or dark metallic grey/silver. Black over black no see nothing

- The cape, can it be 501st approved or is it not accurate for Talon to use one? I also wanted, but .. no capes allowed :(

Use ONLY comic reference images. No merchadising or figures. Never fan-arts

Guest Slave Leia

Hi!

Thank you for the reply :)

I've seen photos from the comics where she has a cape and the necklace, so I thought maybe it could get approved...but I trust you know what you're talking about :)

Here is a picture of the first try of the chest and stomach tattoos, but it's just a FIRST try that I did myself (very hard)... It's not the right boots or gloves, just had them on for a little more Tolon look ;)

15rgvix.jpg

Thanks again, please comment :)

Not bad for the first time :wink: . tries that seems more to Jan Duursema's tattos

383361_10150541030723993_703558992_10648477_330824365_n.jpg

From what you say I understand that you know those gloves and boots are short for Darth Talon :wink:

Encourage it! :D

Guest Slave Leia

Hi guys!

Now when I've payed the last payment for my armor, I got soo excited that I wanted to try and make some more tattoos , so me and a friend spent the whole night doing one more paintwork test of the face, front and back, this time with the red paint too :)

I got my Kryolan airbrush make-up yesterday, but since I haven't got my airbrush I had to paint with my usual paint this time too...

This is how it turned out :D feel free to comment!

5koody.jpg

xf7te.jpg

Also today I ordered the loooong leather gloves and a pair of sith lenses :D only the very long thigh high boots left ;) anyone knows where I can find some?

//Alexandra

I show you green encircled the tips.

Don't forget the neck tattoos, encircled in blue :wink:

The face is good. Maybe the brow triangle is too big.

The chest tattoo. More big and more up, to the clavicles, and two spikes go to the center.

130512123957306935.jpg

The stomach tattoo. More thick. see the image.

Not do more tests to have the bra, you can change much of your cleavage area.

If you like, show me the legs and hips tattoos.

remember that tattoos hips, lower back and leg are connected

The back bottom tattoo.

Encircled in green. in this draw we can see clearly the tattoo.

I understand that the creator has not drawn that tattoo in such detail in other cartoons (encircled in blue).

I would like you to do the difficult tattoo to approval (green circle) and if you prefer, use the simple tattoo (blue circle) for events if you hurry.

130512125050999222.jpg

Keep it up! you're doing great

Alexandra send me her tattoos photos via mail (for privacy) and are REALLY AMAZING. even under the armpit!

I was impressed.

Alexandra send me her tattoos photos via mail (for privacy) and are REALLY AMAZING. even under the armpit!

I was impressed.

Of course you was... its Alexandra! ;) she wont accept pretty good... she wants excellence ;)

Guest Slave Leia

HI GUYS :D :D :D

Sorry for not updating in such a long time but there's been a lot goign on lately.

Anyway, I now have a lot of updates for you :D

1st, some more parts has arrived :D I'm soooo excited ^^

My gloves! And hey, you know what, they fit like a glove ;)

143nj3o.jpg

And I've also recieved my lekku :-D

It looks sooo awesome, I'm so happy with the result ^^

And it's not heavy at all, as I thought it would be...

Anyway, there's still some work that needs to be done (like re-paint it in same color as my body paint, and ofc add the tatoos)

Here's a picture of them ;)

330gu8x.jpg

About my armor, I havn't recived anything but pictures, but they're still worth showing :D

Every piece is done except for the head armor (it's in progress now). On the pics the armor is not all done (some painwork is still needed etc), so I'll post the finished versions new photos when I have them ;)

2ppizw0.jpg

Top with back panel

33mpwr8.jpg

Belt armor front (not the right color of the metal)

3162fyg.jpg

Belt armor back (not the right color of the metal)

qz55qu.jpg

Also, since I want my costume to be as awesome as it possibly can be, I've tried out a new, better, more screen acurate, but also twice as hard paintwork.

Hehe, and yes it's supposed to be black but I don't want to waste more black paint xD . So, for all you guys who wondered how Talon would look like if she was a good guy (girl).

I here by present "Light Talon" ;)

2xzb.jpg

f57uj8.jpg

That's it for now ;)

Stay tuned for more updates!

Oh and feel free to comment :D I'd love to know what you guys thinks ;)

FABULOUS!! I'm impressed with the tattos

aplauso.gif

The gloves seem a little high but you told me you are to cut them to the height of the armor. :wink:

Belt and bikini seem good. But I prefer see it wear for see the proportions

Impressed wih the bikini shape!! :shock:

I worry only the back cords of the bikini and side studs

Guest Slave Leia

Hi again!

It has now come to the pics of the leg armor ;) and soon a new pic of the whole finished armor :D

Front

f1xh20.jpg

Back

nxte2w.jpg

This it the right gun metal color as all armor will have :) (these pics are not new so the rivets are still the wrong color)

Also my lightsaber is almost done, so I have a pic on the blade. You can guess for yourself which is mine ;)

2n6dkh.jpg

Please feel free to comment :)

Stay tuned for updates!

Guest Slave Leia

Hi guys!

New updates:

My armor is done!!!!!!!!!

Just recived a pic of it and it looks fantastic :D

30hwxvn.jpg

I've also ordered batterys for my lightsaber (which is done this week) :lol:

Stay tuned for more pics!

The shape looks perfect.

But I want see it weared :-)

The color I think need more darker (maybe is the flash)

Need more aging. Dust it :wink:

Guest Slave Leia

The color of the armor is as the CRL and tips say - gunmetal ;) So it should be the right color :)

Yes, I will make it look more dirty ;)

Thanks!

More pics on the way :)

The Costume Reference Library entries are well considered, but not infallible. CRL’s in the 501st Legion should be viewed as guides. Not as hard rules, and certainly not the only answer for a costume’s canon construction.

Consider that years after the end of the Legacy War comics the appearance of Darth Talon’s character is still evolving. I hope that both costumer and (where applicable) 501st Membership staff alike continue to research an update their understanding of costumes and costume details.

Alexandra,

I had not commented on your thread before because the posts were still in the experimental stage. But I must tell you now I am impressed with the dedication you are putting in your make up tests, costume pieces and props. I admire dedication such as this. It is the difference between wearing a costume and becoming the character.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest anton the swede

I know alexsandra is well stressing out for essen , I know she will be awsome as talon. she can live into the charater!

Guest Slave Leia

Hi guys!

Time for some more updates! :)

Best birthday presents ever last friday! I got the airbrush kompressor I wanted :)

24d39qc.jpg

Also I got the airbrush I wanted for the red paint :D

x42a95.jpg

And I got the bikiki bottom :) and another airbrush for small things (maybe the black).

The Lightsaber is now done and shipped :D :D :D

ulzyw.jpg

Mine is the one at the bottom with more organic paint as the one in the comics (the one over it is a test version painted more metallic).

While visiting Gothenburg after Desucon in Oslo, I found some fake leather for my Talon boots project (yes I'm planing on making them myself ;) ).

I also bought some leather boots that I will use.

For my lekku I now found good latex glue that will help get the lekku stay on my head, and liquid latex that will cover the edge.

About my armor, I got the final pictures of the head armor today and it looks great! :)

2efqhcw.jpg

He will now ship it and that means everything is done I will soon have everything I need for my Talon :D OMG!!!

So right now I'm just waiting on my saber to arrive (any day now), and the batterys for my saber, the armor (approx. one week), and the airbrushes and kompressor ;)

What's left for me to do is repaint my lekku with the same color as my body paint, and make my Talon boots :o

bf2kno.jpg

Stay tuned for more :D

//Alexandra - Slave Leia - VERY SOON Darth Talon

PS. I'm altering my templates for the body paint so they will be even better ;)

Guest Slave Leia

Thanks for the comments :)

The armor is approx. the same color as the car, gunmetal, so it shouldn't be a problem ;)

Also OMG my Makoto lightsaber arrived today!!!

It is awesome and the handle looks sooo good and organic :)

Stay tuned for more updates! And all comments is welcome!

//Alexandra