• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Is MWA Nihilus accepted?

blitz1027

I'm not 100%, but I'm sure it is. There maybe slight tweaks that are needed to make it 501st approvable like my friend had to do with MWA Revan, but I'm sure the tweaks will be minimal.

You will see plenty of MWA Nihilus masks around in the 501st. Like any costume for approval into the 501st, you will need to do some adjustments. It also depends on which version of Nihilus you want to go for. The MWA is the KOTOR version, so it would not work for the COTF version without a whole lot of changes.

Some of the changes I've seen mentioned on the forums here in regards to altering the MWA costume are mostly related to the robes, cloak and 'cat ear' hood. The Nihilus robes for both KOTOR and COTF have a lot of fabric and volume. The MWA seems to be a bit lacking in the layers of fabric needed, so addition panels have to be put in. The 'cat ear' shape is also sometimes commented on as not being quite right with some slight alteration to them. As well, the fabric coming down in front from the hood that sits below the face doesn't have quite enough volume or drape that the KOTOR models show. So more fabric usually has to be added to the front of the cloak for a better drape.

Those are just a few things I've seen pop up a few times. There are also the additional things you would need to pick up such as the gloves, and for the KOTOR version the 'under armour' or 'padding' look for the chest.

Most people pick up the mask and make the robes themselves.

Hope that is helpful information!

Cheers,

Nef

If you know how to sew, or know someone who does, they are fairly easy alterations. The tricky part is getting the black fabric to match. It can be very noticeable if you have two different types of fabric sewn together.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest puncharen

What type of alterations would be needed? I was looking very hard at mywickedarmor's Nihilus myself, so would be very interested.