• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade Tutorial Website

Twi'lek Pam

Over the past couple years I've received some very nice emails thanking me for the tutorial information I put on my Twi'lek website. After a while those letters began to inspire me to make some more tutorials, but I never seemed to have enough free time or a desire to sit in front of the computer that long. This summer I solved the problem by working on a new site for just a couple hours at at a time over the course of several weeks.... and I finally managed to put together my second website, a tutorial site for what I've learned about making Mara Jade costumes. The site has the same format as my Twi'lek site, and it covers much of the same information I've shared here on these boards.... it just puts everything into a more organized format than my scattered Eclipse postings.

The tutorials are still a rough draft at this point... but I feel that the site is presentable enough to share now. Hopefully it might help someone out there as they work on their Mara costume. I plan to continue adding more reference pictures and improving the quality of the tutorials (including step-by-step photos) as I find the time and that elusive motivation once again. For now, at least, it shows the basic components and gives a bit of information about each one.

http://chucrew.com/

Direct Link to the Mara Jade tutorial:

http://chucrew.com/Mara/Mara.html

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the site, or if you would like to send me a link that you think I should add, please let me know!

Thanks,

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Jeez, Pam - clearly I've been out somewhere in La-La Land... I had no idea about your Aayla website. I just looked at it and it's amazing!!! I immediately forwarded the link to some of the people who are working together on our twi'lek project here. I can't believe how much work you put into it. Thank you so much for sharing that knowledge!!!

See what I mean..... nice, encouraging responses! That's what makes all the hours of typing and scanning and backtracking bad links worthwhile! :-D

If they need any help, send 'em my way... I'm no expert, but I can always answer questions and offer advice based on my own experience.

I was supposed to spend the morning today working on the new fish pond we're putting in... so, naturally, I plopped down in front of the computer and spent the morning adding more reference pictures and text to my Mara website instead! My punishment? Now I have to go mix concrete in the afternoon sun....

Oh, well. I'm happy with the additions to the website, so it was worth it!

http://chucrew.com/

See what I mean..... nice, encouraging responses! That's what makes all the hours of typing and scanning and backtracking bad links worthwhile! :-D

Well, here's another for you! This is a great tutorial, thank you so much for making this available :D Your instructions are clear and reading about your experience when making this costume will be very helpful for me when I tackle my next project. But I'm thinking in terms of my new Ventress costume - the info about working with PVC (Ventress collar, bracers and boot extensions) and the excellent tips about how to add the piping (for the shirt) is very much appreciated!

Guest Sakara

Fantastic tutorials...both of them. really clear and easy to follow. The advice on body makeup is something i used to great success myself.

Guest jenicle

Hi!

You write in the tutorial that there are two referance pictures of a jumpsuit with a high collar- covering the neck. I can't find these, do you have a source?

I'm hard at work making my costume, and my jupsuit, as per now, have a high collar.. I', wondering if I'll have to cut if off, or if I can keep it the way it is (as I kinda like it the way it is, I'm hoping the reference pictures will allow me to keep it).

Thanks!

-Jen