• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Danish Visas Marr unseen, unheard... (WIP)

Heavy1973

Hi all

So, I almost done with my first build, a biker scout, for approval - and I´m allready starting my next journey...

I´ve bought the gloves... and the veil, belt and underdress is my mum going to help me with...

But the outer dress is giving me nightmares allready... do any of you know, where I can find a vendor for that ?

Guest Aysel

There are very few vendors that makes this costume. It's very doable on your own. It just takes a bit of work ^_^ Which part of it is being difficult? The design on the dress or the fabric? If you can find fake leather (pleather) or something similar, we've got the template for the design on the dress so you can make it yourself. http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd42 ... wheel2.jpg

visas-pinwheel2.jpg

you can use this for your template

to paint on pleather you'll need to find vinyl paint, which I've found at automotive stores.

I hope this helps you

^_^ Katie

Finally I can get into my profil Again...

Thanks for the reply... it´s how to make the pattern on the leather, that´s giving me a headache :wink:

I can sew outerdress - that´s not the big problem, it´s more how to get the pattern right.

Got my gloves yesterday - they are really fine :)

are you using leather or pleather (fake leather) there are paints that will work for either.

Hi

Our local have same fine fake leather, she called it nappa, but I´m not sure, if it´s to thick to use ? it has some kind of soft backing.

Otherwise I need to go to the bigger town Odense and look in one of the store there :wink:

Could these boots be used, if I cut of the straps and paints the the silver dots black ??

http://www.deichmann.com/DK/da/shop//00013001018960/Støvle.prod?r=5&c=3&filter_brand=all&filter_bootleg=all&filter_color=all&filter_heel=all&filter_padding=all&orderby=topseller&q=st%C3%B8vler&st=PRODUCT

Could these boots be used, if I cut of the straps and paints the the silver dots black ??

http://www.deichmann.com/DK/da/shop//00013001018960/Støvle.prod?r=5&c=3&filter_brand=all&filter_bootleg=all&filter_color=all&filter_heel=all&filter_padding=all&orderby=topseller&q=st%C3%B8vler&st=PRODUCT

Guest Aysel

yes, those should work fine if you cut the straps off and paint the rivets. Leather paints should work if you use the nappa, keep checking though, you may find something you like better, and if you have to order it online, get fabric samples. ^_^

yes, those should work fine if you cut the straps off and paint the rivets. Leather paints should work if you use the nappa, keep checking though, you may find something you like better, and if you have to order it online, get fabric samples. ^_^

Big thanks for helping out - I´m going to buy the fabric for the underdress, veil and belt after the Holidays. Hopefully I can get everthing done before Legoland 2013 in June here in Denmark, so I can have two costumes with me. :wink:

So... Next problem to solve...

I´m having trouble finding the right lightsaber, so my dad is going to make me the handle from the ref.pic (CRL) on his turntable at the workshop.

But I really want one with a saber blade on... so question, can I use another design on troops, or is that a no go ????

I´m being offered a FX lightsaber (Anakin design) and since Visas Marr turns out to be good at the end, can I use this ??

Guest Aysel

Since Visas is trained as consular her light saber color is yellow when she's "good". As for a saber for when she's "bad" the hilt should look like the KoTOR 2 sabers with a red blade (which you can find removable ones at sites like the custom saber shop) but you don't need one for acceptance.

Katie you inspired me to do some searching because I couldn't remember, but I thought Consulars were green, her blade is yellow, you're right, I had to dig it up, Visas' training as a Jedi Sentinel earns her a yellow crystal from Meetra. Here I was ready to bet on her having a green crystal.

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Visas_Marr

Guest Aysel
Oki - so I really need one that looks like the CRL for troops, thanks :wink:

I´ve sent you a pm - didn´t you receive it Aysel ?

was it the one from a little while ago about the outer dress?

DarthTagion was it sentinel? I was just going off the top of my head, but I did remember it saying somewhere that she technically should have a yellow blade ^_^

Oki - so I really need one that looks like the CRL for troops, thanks :wink:

I´ve sent you a pm - didn´t you receive it Aysel ?

was it the one from a little while ago about the outer dress?

DarthTagion was it sentinel? I was just going off the top of my head, but I did remember it saying somewhere that she technically should have a yellow blade ^_^

Yes it was :wink:

Yup. Sentinels were the stealthers, and I am certainly guilty of maxing my stealth and demolitions to sneak around, steal all the mines and then later in the game clear a room with an excessive puddle of mines. At least in 2-3 of my 6 or more playthroughs. :P

If I had more time I'd go back and play again.

Seriously good call on the yellow, without putting thought into it I somehow thought it would have been Consular green.

Also, Male General > Female General because of Handmaiden, Light > Dark because Mira. Just saying.

So, a little update...

Just ordered the outerdress and veil :wink: - and my dad is going to make the lightsaber for me on his turntable. :D

And one of my good friends has some contacts regarding a lightsaber with sound/light in the right design, so waiting for some info about a buy there.

Going to buy the fabric for my innerdress and veil tomorrow - I have to send the fabric to the maker of the veil, so it´s going to be the same color/fabric as the innerdress.

It´s getting there - but I´m in no hurry :wink:

So, finally my mum and I got to make a proto cut of the pattern for the inner dress, and it turned out really good, so today we cut the pattern in the real fabric.

Tomorrow my mum is going to help me sewing it together - just need a zipper for the back.

Think the color is quite spot on :wink:

Guest Aysel

when your painting the final one, try to make the outside boarder lines slightly wider than the inside lines ^_^

^_^

Hi

Oki, this was only a test to see, if the paint was a go or no go - I´ve printet the pattern out in the right size and is going to draw it on the fabric first and then paint it. But I need to make sure, the size is right for the veil too, so I´m going to wait until I got it.

I´ll make sure to do, as you say regarding the boarder lines :wink: thanks.

How is things going ?

Guest Aysel

it's going well, I'll be able to post pictures of your outer dress soon. As for the veil, it's still in the "I want to stab it to death" stage, it's just being super stubborn, but I think I've got a new line of attack that's even better than what I did on mine. I just have to make a fabric draft of it to see if my new idea works out.

Uhh sounds great :wink:

He he ... I´m very happy, that I got you to make my outer dress and especially the veil - think I would have stabbed someone by now, if I was working on it :D

Looking forward to hear more about your new idea for it - take care :wink:

Guest Aysel

Your outer dress is done!

SDC12685_zpsb54bc77b.jpg

3440c1b6-d32b-4d55-a015-f71f6e25fde7_zpsf1ffe318.jpg

you'll need to hem it up to the proper length and glue the seams down after a final fitting, but here it is, yay!

And still working on the veil....new plan of attack is working but it's opened up new stubbornness that's I've got to beat into submission. ^_^ no more stabby feelings ^_^ I'll post pictures of the fabric draft once I get a good one worked out ^_^

^_^

Your outer dress is done!

SDC12685_zpsb54bc77b.jpg

3440c1b6-d32b-4d55-a015-f71f6e25fde7_zpsf1ffe318.jpg

you'll need to hem it up to the proper length and glue the seams down after a final fitting, but here it is, yay!

And still working on the veil....new plan of attack is working but it's opened up new stubbornness that's I've got to beat into submission. ^_^ no more stabby feelings ^_^ I'll post pictures of the fabric draft once I get a good one worked out ^_^

^_^

Hi

I´ve just seen the message now and WOW you´re absolutely an angel !

Thank you soo much for making this for me - I can´t wait to get it all put together and sent you the pics. :D

He he yes, I´m still having nightmares about the veil - and I´m so happy, that you took the challenge on it. :wink:

Again big thanks !!

A lot of hugs

Heidi