• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Howdy all

Guest Sol

Rrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeally bad at intros, but I figured better put one foot in front of the other and get the ball rolling with it.

So for pretty much as long as I can remember I've been a huge fan of Star Wars, and as soon as I heard about this thing called the 501st, I was like "Oh man I gotta do that." A bajillion years down the road and I kinda sorta still haven't done that...but I'm working on it! Hopefully here within the next month or so (maybe more because this piping is driving me bonkers), between sewing, building and commissioning (I'll admit...mostly commissioning) I'll have a Darth Revan set to submit for approval. The ball got rolling sometime after I ran into an awesome group from the Dune Sea Garrison last year at the Phoenix Comicon. Seeing all the ridiculously stellar costumes up close, and seeing all the charity work you guys do (Your involvement in the MS community is huge for me since my dad is still fighting that battle) really gave me that extra push to stop just wanting to do it and actually get dedicated to do it. It's been a long time coming, but hopefully things go smoothly and I'll be able to join up in your ranks before Episode VII rolls around.

*Flips page on 'Intros for Dummies'* Let's see, I'm a Capricorn, I like long walks on the beach and curling up next to the fire with a good Karpyshyn novel. My favourite colour is grey, I'm currently on my 8th play through of Mass Effect, have more L50 characters in SWTOR than I probably should have, and if I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would be Sushi.

Guest kimballk

WELCOME!!!!

Sounds like you've come home... welcome to the funn... I mean addic... I mean the detachment!!!

I look forward to seeing your Work in Progress thread.

If you have any questions... ASK!!!!

Kevin

Hmmm, likes Star Wars, costumes, AND Mass Effect? You have come to the right place! Currently working on a Mass Effect costume for my next con. :D

Welcome!

Nef

I've started looking at a full armored Commander Shepherd....

We have quite a few Commander Shepards amongst our 501st garrisons members, hehe. I'm building an Asari Commando :)

Thanks for the welcomes, all. And yeah I've got a Shep kit in the works, as well. A friend of mine and I are building up an N7 and an ME3 Kaidan kit, though we probably won't have it done for a while. Still learning the ins and outs of soldering for all the LEDs. An asari commando would be cool, their armour is pretty slick.