• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Neroli's Visas Marr KOTORII Build (WIP)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi from the UK! All feedback and ideas very, very welcome :D

Collecting parts still. Not going to be starting the veil, outer dress or under dress for a while as I'm getting some guidance on the best materials available. I'm also trying to practise my GCSE Textiles skills from 10 years ago before embarking on this as I want to do a darn tootin' good job! I'm looking at crepe-back satin at the moment as I've seen another member use that for her veil and under dress, and it hangs very nicely and looks good in the photo. Only problem is finding it in the right colour in the UK at the moment!

I've also been practising my rusty embroidery skills, as I'm not sure yet whether I want the gold embellishment on the veil and sleeves to be done by hand or on the sewing machine, depends on the effect I'll get from using the sewing machine. Got this beautiful gold thread to use from Hobbycraft. Anchor Embroidery Thread (300). If I decide to use the sewing machine and can't use this thread on it it doesn't matter, I'm sure I'll find something else :)

photo2dn.jpg

I've bought some gloves from Ebay, but sadly when they arrived they weren't like the description or the picture, and were shiny instead of matte :( BUT - they did offer me a full refund and let me keep the gloves, so not all bad! I've ordered a different pair and waiting for those to arrive! Its not just me, they are too shiny right?

photo4fip.jpg

I've been looking into appropriate paint to use for the gloves for the stripes, and have seen mixed reviews, including some saying paint especially for leather peels off. So I've read about latex paint being good for leather, so will give that a go!

photo3wna.jpg

Got boots already, if I do go ahead and use these ones I already have I will remove the straps and buckles.

photo5uc.jpg

Lastly, the evil part. The pinwheel pattern. I've got a tracing sheet, stencil card, craft knife and the design (Thanks to Aysel <3). I'm using cardboard to go under my cutting as sometimes using a cutting board can make the cutting sticky. I don't think the pinwheel I've got at the moment is yet big enough, its only just over 10cm at the moment (the computer I was printing it from was being naughty and wouldn't let me enlarge it for some reason!), and I've seen other people having to redo theirs as it was too small. But feedback on this would be great. I don't want to cut it all out and find its too small!

photo1zio.jpg

Guest Anonymous

New gloves arrived. Will have a think about how to do the grey bands. Will probably do those after I've made the dress so I can see where the sleeves sit :)

photobat.jpg