I'm prospective member of Ukraine Outpost and I'm going to do Mother Talzin costume for approve me as 501st member. So I decided to create this topic to show my work step by step. There is no clear CRL yet for this character, so I'll better to show all process and correct possible mistakes during processing, it's much easier than remaking of finished costume. Also I hope that my research will be usefull to next people who will do this character.
So firstly what exactly parts does it consist of.
I analyzed Talzin's stuff and see there the next items:
1) Top with long sleeves. Red with pattern sleeves decorated with reddish brown stripe, other part is plain red.
2) Leggings. Red fabric with the main pattern.
3) Neck piece. It's rather collar of the top, but as my sewing experience shows, it's much easier to do it as a separate piece. Plain red, has thick bubbled ruffles.
4) Bodice. Reddish brown as sleeves decoration and the same matherial. V-shape neckline to the collarbone. I was thinking a lot about quantity of the stripes. There are only 6 visible, but seam lines on the bust part points that there are another pair covered with skirt.
5) Shoulder pieces. The same patterned fabric as on sleeves and leggings. The length of single piece is easy to determine according to arm length. It should be from shoulder to wrist.
6) Skirt. Made of red matherial similar to the backing color of sleeves/leggings/shoulders but with large dark red pattern. Underlayed with some tight matherial to keep shape. Consist of three pieces. Side pieces are 1/2 wide of the middle back piece on the hem line. The length could be determined according to leg length. In the original it's about 2/3 of hip to floor.
7) Criss-cross scarf (tabards?). Made of the same fabric as sleeves/leggings/shoulders. The left piece cross over the right one both at front and back.
8 ) Pleated sash with belt and decorative stripes. The sash itself fitted to body shape. It's made of plain red matherial and has 4 pleats over waist line and 3 under waist line. Brown belt is made of leather-like matherial few tone lighter that bodice and sleeves decorations. Two decorative stripes on the front (floor long, the same matherial as sleeves/leggings) and two short on the back (the same color and matherial as belt)
9) Back "wings"
About the fabrics.
I did pattern based on the screenshots and printed it on a fabrics (polyester for most pieces and matte spandex for leggings). I also added weathered texture which also visible on the original fabric.
Skirt pattern is in progress yet, but I will print it also on polyester.
For the bodice I purghased reddish brown faux leather.
And here are the fabrics itself. It's both looks allmost identical, spandex just a bit softer. (I need shoot it outdoor in daylight, indoor light "eats" the colors)
And the bodice pattern unassembled/assembled on a dressform. About the back shape - I did it repeating the "wings" piece.
That's I have at the moment. I will add new materials as I work on the costume.
PS: my English is far from ideal, but I keep practice and I'll be really appreciated if you'll notice me about possible mistakes.
PPS: and thanks to @romero4444 from this thread. He collected really great references base.